Archie did not like it you would know, he'd whine or move away, show teeth or
even snap at her. Also I can better see her body condition in the video and she
looks good to me, but I would not let her lose any more weight. Which reminds
me, I want to know how the blood tests come back once you get them done, I
worry too.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
That is lovely playing! Honey is actually being quite gentle and respectful.
We once had some people tell us off on a walk for 'letting our dogs fight like that' when they were actually just playing. Bambi was such a thug :) Mouse screams like she is being murdered when she plays (even though she is usually the one doing the 'attacking')

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Awesome! That is cute! Perfectly normal. Sometimes my kids sound like they are killing each other. Sonny is quiet but BG being the diva child and a female has to use her voice! LOL

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
That is so adorable!!! =D And yup, mine can get pretty rough too; but they're all good at letting one another know when "enough is enough."

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOOOO cute the two of them! :)
And yes, totally normal, my crew get even rougher with each other at times. If
Archie did not like it you would know, he'd whine or move away, show teeth or
even snap at her. Also I can better see her body condition in the video and she
looks good to me, but I would not let her lose any more weight. Which reminds
me, I want to know how the blood tests come back once you get them done, I
worry too.
Thanks for replying - Archie is so soft with her, she can bite him all over, tugging on his ears and legs and he'll just take it! Occasionally he will get back at her and kind of rear up and pounce on her and tell her that's enough!
I think the way she plays with him doesn't go down too well with his owners as thats not how he plays i guess, but I don't want to tell her off for it.
She is booked in next week, I don't know when we'll get results after the appt? But I'll be sure to update you xxx

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is lovely playing! Honey is actually being quite gentle and respectful.
We once had some people tell us off on a walk for 'letting our dogs fight like that' when they were actually just playing. Bambi was such a thug :) Mouse screams like she is being murdered when she plays (even though she is usually the one doing the 'attacking')
Respectful?? Wow! I just don't understand dog behaviour, so glad I have you girls to ask!! :) oh I don't believe Bambi was a thug hehe, bless her. Aww little monkey mouse! X

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lol we hav 2 staffy's aswell & as soon as we got them ruby put them in their place. Told them who was boss!!! She likes to play quite rough with them, but she tells them when she has had enough!! She has even made 1 bleed a lil! I don't think he listened!!!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thats tame compared to my girls. Looks like they had a fun play date. Looks like their having fun. Posted a video today of my two girls playing, mine can get rough and I have to remind them to be gentle.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If I see Daisy lip start to curl and I can see her canines than I know shes getting fustrated. Thats when I tell her to play gentle or a seperate for a bit. You can also tell by their body language. Her tail isn't wagging no more, and she has a certain growl that, just her whole body language says, "No more I've had enough." Peaches is learning how to play since she was taken to early, and Daisy will give her a slight nip on the scruff of her neck to let her know shes too hyper and needs to calm down. Rocki, my boxer, likes to play too, and she forgets her size and will slap down with her paws so I have to remind her to play gentle and lay down. Rocki does gum bite, she basically places her jaw on the scruff, and apply light pressure to let them know its calm down time, this is after she has stood up and walked away and they have followed her. The cats will slap when they've had enough and walk away.

As long as no one is yelping, crying, or the sounds that means things are no longer playing, I don't really worry. But I always have my eyes on them just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I see Daisy lip start to curl and I can see her canines than I know shes getting fustrated. Thats when I tell her to play gentle or a seperate for a bit. You can also tell by their body language. Her tail isn't wagging no more, and she has a certain growl that, just her whole body language says, "No more I've had enough." Peaches is learning how to play since she was taken to early, and Daisy will give her a slight nip on the scruff of her neck to let her know shes too hyper and needs to calm down. Rocki, my boxer, likes to play too, and she forgets her size and will slap down with her paws so I have to remind her to play gentle and lay down. Rocki does gum bite, she basically places her jaw on the scruff, and apply light pressure to let them know its calm down time, this is after she has stood up and walked away and they have followed her. The cats will slap when they've had enough and walk away.

As long as no one is yelping, crying, or the sounds that means things are no longer playing, I don't really worry. But I always have my eyes on them just to make sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts