Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took her by the vet yesterday while we were running errands just to put her on their scales. She was sort of holding at 1.5 pounds and I was getting worried because all everyone kept saying was that she was the smallest dog they had seen, she was too tiny, etc. She weighed in at 2 pounds!! So, she has gained a half a pound in 3 weeks. Does 2 pounds seem a reasonable weight for her at 12 weeks? She is small but does seem longer and a bit bigger even to us. Perhaps we are used to her and chi's.

With so much help from kind people here, we have completely switched her food to Orijen and her tummy seems happier. She has always been a good eater, a great sleeper and she is one ACTIVE girl! She got another shot on Tuesday and she did great! Now, if I can just borrow one of those baby slings to carry her around in so that no one steps on her tomorrow when family is all here for Christmas dinner! haha!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
2 pounds is a very reasonable weight for a 12 week old. That's pretty average. Brody weighed 2 pounds at 12 weeks and now weighs 5 pounds and he's over 2 years old. Five pounds is a great adult weight. Still small but not teensy tiny.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That is very encouraging, especially because my husband and I think Brody is perfectly beautiful! Our boy was 5-5.5 pounds and I want her to be healthy and appropriately sized. Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
That's a great weight both mine were 2lb at 12 weeks one is 13 months and 4 1/2lb or just under

The other is 6.5 months and under 3 1/2lb she was meant to be a 5.5lb adult it's not looking likely so yours is a great weight

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quigley was 17 oz at 12 weeks. He was so tiny. He is now 13 months and weights 2.5 lbs. I love him so much and I love his tiny-ness. However, he is totally high maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts