Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.5 hour trip each way and we bought a red fawn baby home. She is 14 weeks old today and weighs 1 lb. 15 oz. Her name is Ruby Faith. She is just 2.5 weeks younger than Hope.

Both girls got baths tonight and will be taking Ruby to the Vet tomorrow for her first check up!

She has a bit of black sabling but I do not know if it will last or fade. She and Hope actually look alike but they are now sisters but not bio sisters.

She is not quite adjusting as simply as Hope. She sat up the entire car ride home which broke my heart. She has pottied once but I cannot get her to eat or drink yet. We just got home an hour or so ago.

Of course, Hope wants to play and was jumping on her and batting at her and wagging her tail like crazy. She slept the entire way home so she is good..haha!

She finally is resting in a blanket in my arms. She is precious. I hope she will adjust well!

Here is a quick pic I took. More will come (um, yeah!) in the upcoming days!

Thanks to all who helped us select her. I appreciate all of the encouragement, PM's and help more than you will know!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a sweet precious baby!! She is beautiful. She will be a nice small size too. I think you did great picking her out! :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww she's a beautiful little one! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my husband wanted Tracy's Brody but we could not find a beauty his coloring anywhere!

But, yes, this one is the one he chose from the 3 in the photo I posted yesterday. We had the hardest time choosing. They looked so similar. Blue Fawn, Red Fawn with more black sable and then Ruby who is going to be very irish setter/cocker spaniel/golden retriever colored. We would like her to keep her light black sable but okay if not.

I am just worried that she will settle in and of course I want her to eat and drink. Hope-who is much more social-ate and drank the minute we set her down when we brought her home. This girl is older than Hope was when we brought her home though so I know the transition will take time. She is just so small I want to beef her up not have her lose!

I mixed their food and Hope is picking Ruby's out and dropping them on the floor. So much for worrying about upsetting both tummies!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yay! What a gorgeous little girl! Congrats. I love the name you chose too, my sister named one of her daughters Ruby or I would have used it by now :)
How sweet that Hope is already wanting to play. Sometimes it can take a few days for them to adjust, Im sure Ruby will be more than happy to oblige once shes settled. Thats definitely a big perk I can see in adding a second pup while your first is still young, rather than being jealous and grouchy theyre just thrilled to get a playmate! Cant wait for the pics :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Congratulations on beautiful little Ruby..I think she is gorgeous! Do hope you have some NutraCal on hand if she isn't eating and drinking.. It has been a life saver for us in the past with tiny ones who wouldn't eat. Gotta keep that sugar level up..lol Blessings,

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
She is just adorable, and those little ears! Miley was my only chi who had floppy ears as a puppy, I miss them! Is she the little girl who has the umbilical hernia?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!

OH! Since Bella is 1, I want to see more pics. I LOVE seeing what my littles might look like all grown up!

She does have a slight umbilical hernia. I will show it to the Vet tomorrow and it will likely get repaired at her spay.

Her ears are one thing that got her relegated to a pet rather than a show or breed dog. They were apparently up and flopped back down. At 14 weeks, hers should be up. They may not come back up. We do not care either way. I actually think they look SO sweet down!

I added some warm water to her kibble and she lapped up the water and ate some of the kibble. Gave her more honey as well. I'd prefer she ate more but I praised her and am happy she got something in!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Do you have some Karo syrup? Hopefully she's eaten by now I just haven't read the whole thread, but she NEEDS to eat something before bed. That means if you have to run to the store to buy Beech Nut brand Chicken baby food, you're doing it ;) Rub a little karo on her tongue and roof of mouth/gums for now. She isn't small enough a sugar drop is imminent, but enough you want to be wary of it and fend it off before it happens :)

Sheis adorable by the way! Is she from Sue?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Oh good, sounds like she ate, she will be just fine :) My new little one is settling in as well...always fun but also worrisome when they won't eat!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts