Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, everyone remembered what happened last time, but I really think that this time I WILL get my little girl. I have been talking to the breeder for about a week and a half now and it just feels right. I told the breeder everything that happened and she explained to me what happens with Hydrocephalus and all about liver shunts. I guess that made me feel more comfortable that she was knowledgeable about it, and took the time to explain so much to me. She is a long haired chocolate with some tan accents and such a dollbaby!! She's going to be 8 weeks on Wednesday and weighs 11 oz. right now. The breeder said I can have her depending on what the vet says is best for her, but not before 10 weeks..which I am okay with and I am glad that she is not letting her go early.
Anyways, here she is....
I'm debating between two names, Little Libby or Esmee. I am leaning towards Libby. She has a vet appointment on Tuesday and the breeder wanted me to come, but I can't, so I am going to see her on Wednesday.

Sorry for the quality of the pics..I was in Gatlinburg and didn't have much computer access, so the breeder picture texted them to me.

7 1/2 weeks

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh my goodness, what a doll baby she is!! Absolutely gorgeous! I love how the breeder is so willing to invest time in you, getting to know you and talking through problems in the breed, etc. She sounds like a gem. The baby is beautiful. I am beyond thrilled for you!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh my goodness, what a doll baby she is!! Absolutely gorgeous! I love how the breeder is so willing to invest time in you, getting to know you and talking through problems in the breed, etc. She sounds like a gem. The baby is beautiful. I am beyond thrilled for you!!!
Thank you! I am very excited..but I have been waiting to post her because I wanted to make sure it was meant to be..haha. The breeder has been so nice. We have talked on the phone several times and each time for nearly an hour, so I do feel safe getting a puppy from her.
P.S. I love your siggy picture of Brody in that coat:):) What a cutie-pie!
She is DARLING.

I hope it works out for you, hon.

This one looks more like an 8 week old chibaby should =) Good luck!
Thank you, thank you:) I am glad that this one looks normal! Haha. I am so scared I am going to get pictures and her eyes are going to weird or something. I don't think I can handle that again! Haha, but I am very excited to go see her.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thank you! I am very excited..but I have been waiting to post her because I wanted to make sure it was meant to be..haha. The breeder has been so nice. We have talked on the phone several times and each time for nearly an hour, so I do feel safe getting a puppy from her.
P.S. I love your siggy picture of Brody in that coat:):) What a cutie-pie!
Brody was not impressed with that coat as you can tell by the look on his face. HA HA.

I'm just so thrilled for you! This new puppy looks absolutely darling. She's going to be tiny too so she should be a perfect playmate for our little Bella. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brody was not impressed with that coat as you can tell by the look on his face. HA HA.

I'm just so thrilled for you! This new puppy looks absolutely darling. She's going to be tiny too so she should be a perfect playmate for our little Bella. :)
Hahahaha, well he doesn'y look too happy when taking another look at it, but he still looks cute:) Our poor babies..they are probably like, "MOM, why do you do this to me?!?!"

Thanks, she is charting to be small, but the breeder told me that she can't guarantee anything! Haha..she said she has had the tinies end up being the largest full grown. She was 9 oz. at 6 weeks I believe, so in two weeks, she has gained 2 oz. I feel more comfortable with her weight versus the other one I liked. And yes, I am SO excited to see how Bella reacts! Hopefully in a good way!!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ohhhhh my what a CUTIE!!! I'm so excited for you...it sounds like things are going SO well for you this time. Definitely meant to be! Keep us posted on her progress & such which I'm sure you will. Yay!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Oh my gosh, she is beautiful. I am so happy for you. Quigley is happy his Bella Luna will have a sister to play with. We are keeping our fingers crossed this will work out for you!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Fingers crossed it all works out this time! This breeder sounds like a more stable choice. And the girl is gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG She is such a baby doll! :) I have a good feeling about her for you! I am SO super excited for you!! xx :) Keep us posted! :) I like Little Libby :)
Maybe Little Miss Libby and Cujo will be coming home around the same time! :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG She is such a baby doll! :) I have a good feeling about her for you! I am SO super excited for you!! xx :) Keep us posted! :) I like Little Libby :)
Maybe Little Miss Libby and Cujo will be coming home around the same time! :)
Thanks so much! And yes!! Maybe they will come home at the same time!!! I should get her two weeks from Wednesday, but we will see!! I am so excited!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Good for you , so glad that you found a breeder who makes you feel comfortable. You need someone who is knowledgable, honest and compassionate. They have to understand what new puppy owners are like---lol. The fact that she invited you to the vet is great. I hope the in person visit is every bit as good as the phone calls have been.

You have kept your head about you through what can be an emotional process--you've done great and this pup is adorable.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Glad to see that you are confident enough to post these now :) I love the name Libby it fits her perfectly. I love the new pics to :) I am so excited for you and the way this has fallen in place for you I just feel it is meant to be this time.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! I'm so happy you found the perfect playmate for Bella. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts