Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At 6am this morning my lung collapsed again, there were complications as, not sure if I told you but air was trapped between my lung and wall cavity.

Another drain had to be inserted but with this air this meant the doctor could not get the drain in to infalate my lung. She tried a few times but it was too diffiuclt and extremely painful.

The doctor had to get her boss a senior doctor to come and try, he decided to put the drain in from the front of my chest as it usually goes in from the side under the arm pit.

However it was discovered the drain was not actually in my lung and therefore not draining the air.

So now I had to have another drain inserted and this time it was put in further around my back.

The added scary bit was, the first drain they put in two weeks ago was very thin and that hurt like mad when it was inserted. This time the tube was 3 times as thick approx 1cm in diameter.

They give me 2 shots of aneasthetic and 3 shots of morphine and crikey it still hurt like h*ll.

From a scale of 1-10 and 10 being the most pain I give it a 10.

The good news is this time the drain worked and an x-ray later showed the lung was back up as it should be.

Now the drain has to stay in a few days and I was told by the doctor that they are now back in discussion with the surgeon in Leicester as there is a 90% chance when the drain comes out my lung will collapse again.

I am at the moment pumped up with morphine as even as much as moving my right arm has me is sheer agony.

To top it all I think with the trauma and coughng I have cracked another rib on the same side as the collapsed lung.

And you know what hurts the most and has me near on in tears which I stop by biting my lip? Is knowing now I won't be spending Xmas with my boys, instead I will be in hospital feeling sorry for myself.

Ok biting lip not working and now keyboard is blurry, just a mere thought of my boys has me crying within a milli second.

Usually I am a tough old bird and just get on with things no matter the pain etc (have been know to compete in Driving Trials with broken ribs), but now I am feeling sorry for myself and ponder, what have I done to deserve 3 years of accidents and illnesses, especially this latest episode.

I feel for Brian as well as he will be on his own Xmas day with an off the shelf turkey for one dinner. I am gonna suggest he goes to see his son Xmas day instead and at least clebrate the day with someone.

I had it all planned to cook him a lovely meal, With cooking all year I refuse to cook Xmas day and either book a meal out or go to family. But after everything Brian has done and is still doing I felt cooking was the least I could do. Now that is a no go..

He also had a surprise planned for me on Xmas Eve and now has to make phone calls to cancel. When he said he had to make phone calls it made me wonder what was planned and if other people were involved.

Dinner is about to be served so need to stop and move the notebook

Sorry for the long saga and Kudos to anyone who managed to read it all.

Love you guys

Deme x

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
oh deme, i really feel for you, i hope you really do make a speedy recovery. you will be in our thoughts and prayers and i hope 2011 brings you better luck.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So sorry, Dawn. :( I hope things get better for you soon. x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
You poor thing,i'm so sorry.You will have to delay xmas and have it when you come out,i'm sure Brian can re book whatever the surprise was for later.Meals for 1 aren't that bad !!!!!Take care X

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I feel so bad for you stuck in the hospital on Christmas.
You can always have a belated one or shoot for New Years Day to
make a fresh start of it.Just concentrate on getting well and dont
beat yourself up over it.You will be home soon if you do your best.
Also your OH understands that you cant change the circumstances
of being ill on Christmas.Its like you said,he now realizes you are not
a rock all the time and are human too! This has brought out his
nuturing fatherly side maybe.Rest Hun and know your chi people
are thinking and praying for you!! You will be home soon.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Im so sorry your in pain. I hope you get better soon. And for 2011 to be your year.
And don't feel so bad for having to skip xmas. This is your health were talking about its more important. And You and Brian can have your own xmas and you can still cook for him than. ;) So nothing but the date well change as for the surprise he can do it on new year.
See nothing to worry about just look after your self Dawn.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Deme, I am so sorry to hear the bad news. That Soooo sucks. I hope when they get the tube removed all will be ok. You have been through way to much, that's for sure!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Dawn, I hope you get well soon. I'll be thinking of you! And thanks for the update. Keep your chin up, 2011 is going to be a fantastic year for you. :)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Aww Dawn Im so Sorry... I know what its like to have lung Problems :( I hope they can fix you up real soon and the pain stops ... ((Huggs)) feel better soon xo

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
With the clue Brian give me, though I worked it out in a wierd way I was right, he had booked us a table at a very good restaurant for a fancy meal.

So he is gonna rebook

Also remember when I said I planned to cook for him Xmas day, he had also planned the same thing and had already bought the turkey etc, even broccolli and sprouts which he hates, though he did say he'd cook them for me not himself.

So instead our Xmas day will happen on New Years Day and we are going to cook together, make it a real together day rather than him upstairs till the meal is cooked then going back upstairs after eating.

I am also not opening any presents until we are together, he is fuming as he ordered my present on the internet and paid for express delivery which still took 5 days but guaranteed delivery before Xmas day.
He then got an email to say the earliest delivery will be Monday. So he has told them to stuff it and says even if it costs more he will buy it from the store.

I am still in pain and have to move extremely carefully and very slowly. but I can breathe now and I feel so much better for seeing Brian and friends today.

I just wanna add also that Louise (Lou Lou) deserves a gold medal, I felt really bad as I only expected to be in hospital 2 days max and knowing I will now be in at least till Monday makes it 15 days and I don't expect to be out for a fews days afterwards.
So I felt that I had put on Lousie having her look after Jake and Red and if it was becmming a problem to let me know and I would get Brian to pick the boys up.

Well Louise has said that she will look after the boys for as long as needed, isn't that such a wonderful thing to do, I just can't thank Louise enough.

I still feel guilty lol

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Well Louise has said that she will look after the boys for as long as needed, isn't that such a wonderful thing to do, I just can't thank Louise enough.
That's lovely, a true friend. :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
The boys are having fun and its good for perry being able to have proper boy time lol running up and down the living room I have never seen him like this! I have wrapped some presents for the boys for xmas day so they won't miss out and they will be coming to my grannys for dinner :)
Hope you get better soon, wish I was allowed to bring them to see you xxxx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Louise it is so good of you to think of the lads on Xmas day, I have pressies for them at home but never got the chance to wrap them.

When I get out .. one day... me, Brian, Jake and Red are gonna have our own family Xmas day, Turkey Dinner and presents for us all.

Followed by a nice walk around the park if I can manage it. Then back home to rest and watch TV with Dogs cuddled up with us.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts