Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, We take Roxy with us everywhere and we always go to dog friendly hotels but as you all know chis bark. Does any one have any secerts as to keep your chi from barking evry time anyone walks by your room or your neighbors come in late? We come home from vacation exhausted due to lack of good sleep. Help.....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i don't have this problem, but chiwi will bark at elephants on tv (never fails) so i'm safe from being thrown out of anywhere as far as noise is concerned... unless there is a herd of elephants outside the door :?

oh and if she smells tea tree oil. (i put some on today and she freaked from the scent barking and rolling all over the floor like a mad woman??? weirdo!)

·
Registered
936 Posts
ilovesadie said:
Maybe keept the radio or TV on at low volume, sometimes that tricks Ritz into thinking people outside is background noise from the TV.
Yea that's what I do, I keep the tv on for Seiah if we ever leave the house. When he was younger we did it if we werent in the room, and he never barked. :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
yep that's the best solution i think .....

i do that too !! when they hear noises constantly..they won't bark at the smallest noise ......

kisses nat

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Im worried about the same thing when we go away!! I may be hated by everyone nearby, can they kick you out for that? :shock:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Any hotel that considers themselves "pet friendly" knows full well what they are getting into. I'd say they wouldn't kick you out unless your dog attacked someone or broke something. I imaginate others who are staying there are also animal lovers, so perhaps they would understand.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Gosh...I really worry about this too. My Shih Tzu NEVER barks. Great traveler and everything. I have Bella now and we will be going on our first road trip next week. I worry that she will freak out and bark her head off due to new surroundings, hopefully she follows Boo's lead and doesn't bark, but I know I am kidding myself. LOL!

Leslie

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah...the barking is a problem....Just last night...we went out to see a friend, and when we got back...the neighbour from the apt in front of us came out and said...they really bark! :oops:
It's Lolita and Fallon (Shih Tzu) who always bark. Chiquitita is totally different, she never barks. We always leave the tv on, but it doesn't seem to work.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I know how embarassing that can be. My toy poodle used to bark when we went to a hotel...but it wasn't all night long...he knew he would be in trouble if he ke[t it up...so I really don't have much advice....

Like others suggested we left the TV on for the night and if their was 2 beds we would have him lay down in the one farthest from the door. Plus we would tire him out so by the time it was bedtime he was exhausted. We just had him run around and play for awhile...

Gizmo is mute so we don't have a problem with him....I sneak him into the movie theater!!

:wave:

·
Registered
148 Posts
SunnyFLMum said:
Gizmo is mute so we don't have a problem with him....I sneak him into the movie theater!!

:wave:
That's great...I've though about bringing Chiquitita to the movie theater cus she is mute too...but I've never done it b/c I'd feel guilty leaving Lola home...I bet movies are better when u have ur little baby sleeping on ur lap. :wink:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Oh my gosh it is fantastic! My poodle stays with me every other weekend and if Joey sees I am leaving with Gizzie and leaving him home...OH BOY!! I sneak him out the back door....LOL

I put him in a bag, and he sleeps throughout the whole thing! I make sure he goes potty before though...LOL...he is still a bebito...he licks my soda cup though... :? He loves CONDENSATION... :wink:

The loudness doesn't bother him ....ever since he was brought home we tried to get him used to loud noises...my huband plays lead guitar so, he is used to daddy cranking up the amplifier!! :wave:

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is way too cool 8) ...I think I am gonna give it a try...i am thinking about going to see Madagascar this Sunday. I think I will bring Chiquitita with me :wink: How much does Gizmo weigh?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Armando... said:
That is way too cool 8) ...I think I am gonna give it a try...i am thinking about going to see Madagascar this Sunday. I think I will bring Chiquitita with me :wink: How much does Gizmo weigh?

great movie! i seen it last week wtith my daughter, left chiwi at home cause i was afraid there might be elephants in it lol!

·
Registered
148 Posts
[quote="luv4mygirls

great movie! i seen it last week wtith my daughter, left chiwi at home cause i was afraid there might be elephants in it lol![/quote]

hehehe...that's so funny....If we lived in the same city, I'd have come and babysit Chiwi :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
[great movie! i seen it last week wtith my daughter, left chiwi at home cause i was afraid there might be elephants in it lol!
LOL....elephants, your stories of Mizzz Chiwi crack me up...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts