Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't figure it out.... we got a 11 week old Chihuahua girl last Wednesday and since we have been teaching her to go on the Wee pads... we were amazed because she would go directly to the pads whenever she had to relieve herself- today is a different story! We continue to clean up her mistakes. I believe she understands where she needs to go since she's been doing it but now we're trying to figure out why she's going elsewhere.... Did anyone have the same problems and what has been the outcome?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Yes indeed.
They are usually good as gold when you first bring them home, then after they've had time to settle in and explore they return to being a puppy.

If you read some other threads on this board you'll see how difficult it can be to potty train a chi.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm going through it as well, though it isn't as bad now as it was a couple of weeks ago. I tend to notice that Josie will have an accident when there isn't a puppy pad in that particular room or if the one that is in there has a few pee spots already. Josie is really picky; she won't go on a bad that has a few spots on it. Put a fresh one down, and she's ready to go.

Good luck with yours! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
When we first got Beemer, he was the most well-behaved puppy. He would get up and out of his bed in the middle of the night (without bothering us and in the dark) and pee on his paper. But now that he's bigger, he seems to have forgotten all of that. We've just began to crate train him and at first he was good but lately he's been peeing and pooping inside his crate and when he gets out, he doesn't go to his paper, he just goes everywhere else on the kitchen floor. And I've been using Nature's Miracle enzyme cleaner but he still seems to go where I just cleaned :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
my lucky didn't go on the blue mats she would go else where out of 2 months now she only went nbr 2 once and nbr 1 twice. so i started taking her outside and she just goes outside now when she wakes ups or after eating...but she still has mistakes

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
What you are describing is perfectly normal puppy behavior. You just have to be patient and persistant, and when they use the pads, be sure to praise them profusely. You can even give them a small treat if you like. She will eventually catch on, but it is sometimes a long process.

If you do a search on here, there are many great threads on this topic.

Good luck. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts