Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 month old male chihuahua and 4 adult female chihuahua x Pomeranian all spayed. My little boy Kiro is having trouble with housebreaking we limit his access to the kitchen and living room to only when we can watch him but there’s times where he just went pee on his pee pad where he’s supposed to but then 10 minutes later he might pee on the floor or anywhere else he’s not supposed. I’m almost positive he is trying to mark but I’m out of ideas on how to get him to stop. If I catch him lifting his leg I let out a loud noise or clap to get him to stop and then bring him where he’s supposed to go pee. We also use the phrase go pee when he’s in the right area and if he does he gets a treat and high praise. Does anyone have any other helpful ideas or success stories that might give me hope? He does have an appointment to get neutered when he turns 6 months old. Did anyone see improvement after being neutered?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So my then 5 month old boy now almost 9 month old was driving me absolutely crazy with his marking that I couldn’t wait for him to be neutered at 6 months so when I brought him to the vet at 6 months I was devastated when they told me let’s wait another month because he still had all of his baby teeth. So fast forward to a month later when we brought him back in and his marking had gotten even worse I was at my wits end when they said still a mouth full of baby teeth I decided to go ahead with the neuter even though he’s going to have to go back for dental in the next few months best decision I ever made! His marking stopped almost immediately I was so shocked! I was hoping it would help a bit but it has helped soooo much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts