Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have difficulty training our jack chi to stop doing her needs inside she is doing it in a small area in garden when we take her out but she still goes to the pads . Anyone help or give me someone's experience with chihuahuas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi have difficulty training our jack chi to stop doing her needs inside she is doing it in a small area in garden when we take her out but she still goes to the pads . Anyone help or give me someone's experience with chihuahuas
Hello
After our Pug of 18 years passed away. We rescued a 9 year old male Chi. We had that problem too. The way that we did it was SLOWLY move his pee pee pad toward the door eventually actually moving it halfway out the door until we moved it all the way out the door. It was tedious but it worked for us. Just to be clear when I say halfway out the door we literally had half of his pad inside and under the door and the other half was sticking outside, eventually he ran out of pad. So when we see him going to the door, that is our cue. A lot of people cant or won’t do it. The way I see it is a small price to pay for however many years of happiness and unconditional love he gives us. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
872 Posts
What newchidaddy said, plus give HUGE amounts of praise for pottying outside, and just ho-hum about pottying inside. Every outside potty should be party-worthy until she only wants to potty outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts