Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Sasha has been home with us now and I think she might have been abused as well as neglected. I got her from the shelter I volunteer at and they said when she came in she had fleas so bad her back side has no hair. She also had nails that were so long she could barely walk. I took her to the vet today (along with toby) and they said she was healthy she just needs to put on some weight. In the picture i posted you can't really see how skinny she is. she has to grow into her skin. Anyway, I lifted my hand above her today and she looked terrified like I was going to hit her. she actually jumped. It made me so mad and sad. She weighs 5 pounds, now how in the world could you abuse a five pound dog. she also cowards when i have to get on to toby like she was always getting yelled at. Toby so far is doing ok with her. he is a bit jealous, but he will just have to get used to it. I will post more pictures later. just had to get this off my chest.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
yes she is in such better hands now, she will soon learn that there is nothing to be afraid of any more :) well done for rescuing her xx

As for why some people are mean to poor animals- I have no clue at all. x

·
Registered
51 Posts
So glad you have Sasha now. My little guy was also abused by his former owner and it takes special handling and alot of love to make them feel safe, but it will come. How anyone can abuse these little ones I have no idea, but I can sure understand how you feel.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How anyone could abuse any dog, big or small, is beyond me. Your little girl will become brave in the long run, but don't rush it. It took my boy crested 8 months before he let my boyfriend who I live with touch him. They became best of friends. You little one will be fine. She's lucky to have you. Rochelle.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just be patient with her. Our Trixie was abused too and she's mostly over it. We fostered a young Chi (Moco) who was severly under-nourished and very submissive due to abuse. Just trying to pet him, he'd roll over submissively, and if you took a sudden step toward him, he'd submissive-urinate all over himself. Poor thing...

It's ALL about patience... instead of trying to pet Sasha from over her, get down lower on her level and put out your hand, palm up, at her chin level. Let her come sniff and slowly scratch her chin...w ork your way over her head to pet her. It will take a while for her to trust you. And she may never fully get over it. :( But you can bring her a long way and give her a lot of love.

I

·
0 Posts
aww how people can be so mean is beyond me entirely, but I am so pleased this little guy has fond a loving doting home with you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts