Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just got Bella on thursday and she is beautiful! She is such a little love ball. I also have Princess. She is 10 months and 4 1/2 pounds and Bella is 16 weeks and 14 ozs. I am soooo nervous about them playing together! My vet said to be careful because Bella has the open soft spot. I forget what it's called but Princess uses her paws a lot when she plays and also mouths a ton. She doesn't quite know how how to be gentle yet. She is never aggressive but she does play rough. So now I am restricting their playtime to times when I can hold them both. Am I being silly, or am I right in being so careful? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
First off I want to tell you that Bella is a beautiful tiny baby....

You are totally right to restrict their play for now.. until Bella grows a little bit and Princess learns to be gentle...

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
SOOOOO cute =) you want to be careful that she doesn't sustain any accidental head trauma, via falling, being stepped on, played too rough with, accidentally running into things. If she plays with others make sure to break it up if it starts to get rough. Make sure people other than you know about the spot, and hold her extra carefully. Make sure people don't "pat" her on the head as well, since with an open fontanella, a little pat feels like a big bump!

Again...what an adorable little one you have. Must be a nice mother's day =)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Belle Bella. She is absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could nurse her.
You are obviously a very good Mum to be worried about letting her play with your eldest. The short period you keep them apart will be well rewarded with a safe and happy Chi later on.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Oh my gosh! I want that tiny baby!!!! Eeeeek!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
what a cutie! yes definitly restrict playtime. better to be safe than sorry. even if princess was gentle i would still say to be careful and make sure they aren't alone together. i let chiwi interact with a springer spaniel puppy about the same age, even before i heard horror stories about how fragile chi puppies can be and the whole time they were interacting i was sitting on the floor with them petting both of them at the same time, my hands were always right there ready to pick chiwi up in case things got rough.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow what a tiny little girl! Im sure she will be fine but it must be nerve wracking for you! Shes so gorgeous...congratulations! :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
OMG what a little cutie !! vienna's fontanella is also still open and it's big :shock: , paris plays very gentle with her , but i don't leave her at home with them yet ...i'm too scared something goes wrong or that she has a hypoglycemia attack ....

16 weeks !! wow she is really tiny :wink:

kisses nat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts