Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to think back the other day of how we found this forum. I googled "chihuahua forum" and this wasn't on the first 5 pages. I'm thinking we stumbled upon it somehow, miraculously, and never left! What was amazing was the abundance of "bad" forums that I came across while searching...forums where every other post was "my 5 month teacup puppy is screaming" or "where can i get a free/cheap chihuahua puppy", and what good advice people were getting was shrouded by bad advice and snide comments. I'm so grateful for this community, the moderators, and the contributors.

How did you find www.chihuahua-people.com? What made you stay?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
That's a good question! I was looking up answers for my questions I had about Cooper. Being a first-time dog owner and all, I had a few!! When I typed in questions in the search, I always seemed to be brought back to chihuahua people and always found the answer I was looking for. So I decided to sign up and watched and read for a long time then finally started posting! I love it here! Finally I met people who are as chi-love-struck as I am and who don't think I am crazy for being that way! :wave: :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I was a member of another dog forum and was told about this specific Chi forum. I have since left the other dog forum and stayed with this one. Conversations in the other forum tended to get heated up and I just wanted to be a member of a forum where I could chat with other people about their love for their dogs, see pictures, hear stories, get advice, as well as give others advice if it was something I was knowledgeable about. Everyone on this forum is so nice and for the most part, everyone respects everyones opinions and we can have discuss things civil. When I joined, the member base was relatively small and to be honest, I do miss that sometimes, but it's always nice to talk to new people. :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I was doing a search for something for Marcus, I think it was T-shirts and one of the things that popped up on the search engine was a question from Chi people. I decided to take a look at the forum and have been here ever since. I love the pictures of all the dogs and everyone's enthusiasm about them. I love the fact that people on this forum see them as part of their family (their furkids).

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i joined before i got chiwi, i did a search for a place where i could talk about my soon to be pup and not have people tire of hearing about it. after a week or so i gound this place and loved it!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I also found Chi-People from a search engine, I think it was yahoo. I was searching for an answer to a paticular question- I can't remember what it was now... And I stayed because of the warm, friendly atmosphere. I'm so glad I did. I truly love it here! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I was trying to find info on Pablo's penis problem right after he was neutered, and came across this site. People here had kind and concerned responses, so I have been coming back ever since. I really, really enjoy this forum and everyone on it. :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I think I did a search on 'floppy chihuahua ears' for Mr. Peepers and this site came up. I was addicted ever since! :D

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
One of the members mentioned this site on another forum.......and I took her advice and checked it out. I am very thankful to her, as this site is a daily joy to read , and it is so lovely to see all the other chi's and you can learn so much !

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: I was doing my research on the breed, this was way before we had agreed on getting a chihuahua..(yorkie was the runner up, mostly because they were more expensive, lol :D ) then somehow I stumbled across this site..i didn't even know what forums were :shock: so, I was a lurker for around a month. :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I was searching for information on chihuahuas since I had Gadget so young I wanted to find out everything I could. After a few weeks of going from website to website I finally found this place and I have been here since..

I love it here. I have learned so much stuff about chihuahuas and other people..... I love the fact that everybody is so friendly. The wonderful thing about it is when someone new comes on with a question I can help them because somebody else answered the question for me when i was new here....

and I LOVE all the furbaby pictures....

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I stumbled upon it while looking for small dog apparel. It just popped up, sounded like something I should investigate and I came on in. Once I saw that you all are as nutty about chi's as I am, I knew I'd found my home on the internet. Being able to prattle on endlessly about Lily without having people nod off on me was something I'd only dreamt about. I never knew this kind of place existed. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I was searching for answers to some questions about chis, and this site popped up. I sort of lurked for a few days, checking it out. Then joined, and I absolutely love it. We have a great bunch of people here, and there is always someone who has an answer to your questions.

I had been checking out some other forums, and was getting really tired of the way a lot of newcomers were treated on some of them. Some of the posters were extremely rude.

And there is just so much valuable info here. I'm just so happy to find a group of people who love chis as much as I do!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I was on another forum and was invited by mystic cat, It was so slow and had so few members, I remember saying wow this site is boring and I hardly ever came by -- then shortly after that I became a mod....been moding for a year now :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't remember how I found it. I'm sure it was a Yahoo search, but don't know what I typed in. It was right after I got Frasier.

I stayed because most people are nice, it's kid friendly, and Rachel sort of unintentionally became my therapist after the loss of my 16-year-old pup.

Sometimes I get bored when the posts are really really repetitive like "long vs. short hair" and "male or female" and "potty training help." So when it's going that way I don't type alot. That's not real often though. It tends to get interesting again pretty quickly.

It's wonderful to be around people who understand that he's not "just a dog." He's my fury child. :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I also found it like everyone else doing a search for chi information. I was posting on another board but it was not nearly as friendly or active as this one so I signed up here and love it :D

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I found this forum when I was doing my research on chi's. I'd already found Lina but I hadn't gotten her yet and I wanted to make sure I soaked up enough information about food and care and all the other stuff too. I staid because of the people here. Always nice, always ready to give good advice. It's just a great forum :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
My daughter was looking for chi pics and came across this site and just had to show me a pic of Stewie :angel2: There were'nt that many members then. I was a lurker for a long time. If I was in a bad mood I'd just check out some chi pics or funny posts :) There was a couple of times I almost joined, but then I'd chicken out :oops: Usually, when I'd have a question I'd find an answer just by reading other peoples posts. Recently, my babygirl chi-Lola,has been having serious health problems :cry: and I could'nt find any information so I joined and asked-It's amazing how sadness,fear and the feeling of being overwhelmed can turn into hope with the right information-thanks Nate- and a little emotional support--thanks everybody!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts