Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a new harness for Holly (I've heard a lot of good things about Puppia on here). Anyway, I was wondering how to go about measuring her. She's so long and lean. I want to insure a proper fit, but she's such a puppy still and is quite active, I'm afraid it won't come out right. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It really depends on brand and style.

For example, the Puppia over the head sizing is not the same as the step in. Park Avenue harness has you offer a chest (right behind front legs, around the chest) measurement. Others will go by weight and length.

Certainly not universal at all.

Perhaps if you share which style you are considering and give her weight, others here can tell what they use for that style and weight of dog.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Probably they only definitive way to measure her would be to take her into the store selling these particular harnesses and have the staff assist you in finding the appropriate size! (I don't know if you buying online though lol)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm interested in the Puppia soft dog harness or Authentic Diamond Harness A, although I'm open to suggestions.

Last I checked, Holly weighed 5 lbs. :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably they only definitive way to measure her would be to take her into the store selling these particular harnesses and have the staff assist you in finding the appropriate size! (I don't know if you buying online though lol)
Chance are I'll be buying it online.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i basically did a hit or miss. when i first got dexter the small for the step in was too big! then he grew into it...then i knew what sizes to go for :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i basically did a hit or miss. when i first got dexter the small for the step in was too big! then he grew into it...then i knew what sizes to go for :)
That's one way to do it I guess, but I'd like to get it right the first time around. :p

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hehe hey it is a way! and if u cant use it, u can exchange or sell off here lmao
dex is a medium now, hes a 9 pounder but even the medium is tight when i put it over anythin thickwr than a tee

·
Registered
946 Posts
I LOVE my Scrappy Pet Harness! I really need to post a pic of mine wearing one. The colors are wonderful ( & if you call the 800 # they can give you an even broader selection :) ) and they are really soft--- they are made from recycled leather--and the fit is superb! I am surprised no one else ever mentions this brand! Another thing I like is that they are cool for the pups...I live in FL & it is yucky hot a lot. It also fits over their T shirts or sweatshirt. Take a look & I'll try to get a pic!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I LOVE my Scrappy Pet Harness! I really need to post a pic of mine wearing one. The colors are wonderful ( & if you call the 800 # they can give you an even broader selection :) ) and they are really soft--- they are made from recycled leather--and the fit is superb! I am surprised no one else ever mentions this brand! Another thing I like is that they are cool for the pups...I live in FL & it is yucky hot a lot. It also fits over their T shirts or sweatshirt. Take a look & I'll try to get a pic!
I've not heard of that kind. Hmmm will have to check it out.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hehe hey it is a way! and if u cant use it, u can exchange or sell off here lmao
Cool! I'll try to remember that!

Thanks. I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks so much for your help everyone. :daisy:

Okay, after looking over some of the reviews and talking it over with my husband, we have decided to go with the Puppia B harness (I believe that is the step in :confused:). So, the question still remains. If the size differs from the Puppia over the head harness and is not the same, does that mean I'd go with a medium instead?

P.S. These are the ones I'm interested in:

: PuppiaUS.com :

1 - 20 of 20 Posts