Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate that Millie has this darn Kennel cough she has been hacking no stop most the time after she go's out potty. How in the world can I comfort her??? Anything I can do to help the cough??? Her vet gave me cough tabs but she already had her dose for tonight. I can only give them every six hrs. I wanna cry I hate hearing her hack she seems to act like she is gagging she starts that cough then she sits up and acts like she is going to hack up something... Oh my I feel bad:(:sad4:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know, it sounds just horrible. I don't tthink there is much that can be done. When Trixie had it nd the vet gave her medicine, it was toxic to her and she was really limp, weak and sick. I felt like crying because there was nothing else I could do for her. She will get better.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It does sound horrible, and I felt like crying too...Dolly would cough, then shiver and look miserable. BUT, it really gets better every day. Just hold her and stroke her and talk gently to her, and day by day she'll be better. I think Dolly was 100 percent better in about a week.

I hate kennel cough, but there isn't a lot you can do. It's like a cold...it has to run its course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah someone else told me to pat her side I am going to do that. I guess it could be worse but she is eatting well and drinking water. I guess I just have to let it pass but I feel bad being she was just spayed 5 days ago and had to come to a new home and new enviroment....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts