Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i teach her to pee?... ive been trying n trying... and it still doesnt work. She pees everywhere... especially on our rug. We taught her da sniff da news paper and take her where shes suppose to pee, (um.. and do her poop), but she still doesnt know how to.... it's annoying.. what am i doing wrong???

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I found it helped by soaking her already done pee onto the pad that she was supposed to use and letting her smell it and keep putting her on it and keeping a close watch on her eventually they learn.Sully learnt in a week but Fynn took months.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Have you tried using the pee pads rather than newspaper? They are really fairly inexpensive and are supposedly treated with something that will attract the dogs to use it. I know I had no problems with Jasmine once I started using the pads. I still keep the pads down at night. Good luck - it just takes patience.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Both my little chis have learned to use the puppy pads because I'm not at home for 8 hours a day and that's too long for them to be in a crate. I fenced off a small area in my kitchen and put their beds, food, water and toys in it along with a pee pad in the corner. At first Axle had an accident on the floor and I just soaked it up on the pee pad. From then on he knew to go on the pee pad because he could smell the pee on it. He has to be in a small area though. If I let him out in the rest of the house he doesn't go all the way back to the kitchen to find the pee pad so I have to put him back in his pen periodically to go to the potty. As soo as I come home I change his pee pad out for a new one. I've also started taking him outside in the morning when I get up and in the afternoon when I come home. He actually uses the potty outside too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thats a really great idea sassybluebella. :thumbup: Could you maybe tell me where you got that fence? do you think i couold find something like that at walmart?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
they are great

i see tons of those fences on ebay i amnot sure about wallmart. I have the resin kind that shapes into diffrent size playpen. do a seach under safety gate or playpens

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
oops you have to have 10 eyes and catch her in th act and grab her say NO! put her on the paper and tell her you do pee pees on paper. when she finsihses or does tell her gooooooood girl and get all excited and lovey with her

·
Registered
179 Posts
The little fence thing is actually supposed to be used as stackable crates that you put together, but I put it together as a fence. I got mine at Target.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts