Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a 4 month old Chi,Sharky.He's a sweetheart :love5: .The problem I have with him right now is that he won't walk on a leash. He walks fine in his harnass next to me but as soon as I put the leash on he freezes :sad5: . I put it on because he likes walking up to strangers(adores the attencion)and not everyone is as friendly. Can anyone help me? :?

·
Registered
936 Posts
First off Sharky is absolutely adorable :love10: . Now I'm not a pro and have only recently, meaning a month ago, gotten Seiah. But what i did was train him a little bit a day. Not by going outside but just putting on his leash then walking him around the house with it. After doing this for a couple of weeks I finally took him out...coincidentally today was our first day at the park. At first he was very hesitant, but as soon as he got a little more sure of his surroundings, we were running through the park. He's still very curious with what is on the ground, but once he heard my feet shuffle he knew we were getting ready to run, and he looked so happy. i hope this helps and good luck with Sharky. :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,tthat is heplfull,thank you very much.I'll give it a try :thumbleft:
Btw,your dog is adorable too :love2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just posted the same question before i saw yours. Im having so much trouble with walking my chi. he jus sits and budge. So if you figure anything out i would love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I agree with everything Seiah Boo says. That's how my book 'Chihuahuas for Dummies' says to introduce them to the leash.

BTW, Sharky is soooooo cute!!! :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: He looks a bit like Sterling. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts