Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am getting a chi soon and I was wondering how to house break them. Are they easy to train? I've heard of litter box training too. Is this possible to do? Thanks. BLT

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Chis are the same as any other dog to house break - its just patience and perciverance lol - I have always used puppy pads with mine which I found really effective , pups need to go every hour to hour and a half, after playing and after sleeping for a wee and 10 mins after eating for a poo. just keep placing them where you want them to go and praising when they do it and ignoring them when they do bad :) , if you do a search of the forum for house breaking etc you will find lots of useful information :wave:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah that's good advise .My Sharky is good most of the time.He goes on the paper or outside when I take him for a walk.But then you have those other times that he just goes on th carpet or next to the paper instead of on it.It's like he does it on purpous or something.Does anyone have advise on how I can stop him from doing that?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I guess I have just been very lucky. Jasmine took to using the pee pads right away, and hardly ever has an accident any more. She will go outside also, but at night I just let her use the pee pads. Just be patient and persistent. Praise them a lot when they go where they are supposed to, and when they have an accident just clean it up and don't make a big deal out of it. One of the joys of puppyhood!! LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts