Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I think there are a few places online that you can make siggies. Terri was using a site, but can't remember the addy. I use Paint Shop Pro. It cost me about $100 7 to 8 years ago. If you want to install it on your computer let me know and I'll mail it to you, then you can mail it back to me. : )

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'll warn you up front though. It takes awhile to learn how to use the program. You have to learn all the tools and how they work. That's the un-fun part about it. :lol:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Corel Paint shop is a goody but an oldie.. LOL

You can make siggies on Photobucket (easy) and picnik.

Picnik is sort of like a pseudo fully automated PS. (the paid version)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I can make you a siggy if you want ;) I am not sure how to specifically explain "how to" make one, I just kinda mess around until it looks like I want it to look.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
on the bottom there is a little bar with options...select upload photos...pick the picture of her you want on it, then once it's loaded you drag it up onto the collage :)

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
ahhhh.... the Learning Curve........ hate them! lol Patience, young grasshopper :)
try not to learn everything at once or you will become frustrated and give up.... there are thousands of tutorials on the internet.... find one that says something like you are wanting to figure out and learn that process first.... then onto the next Tutorial....you can find blogs with tutorials so that you can create your own elements, such as this one.... Sentimental Style: Tutorials or you can find free scrapkit elements from the Net and use in your siggys(the pink valentine siggy I made you came from a free scrapkit)... such as this one CLICK HERE -the links on the RIGHT are also free, such as 'In the Zoo' and 'Behind the desk'

I use Photoshop Elements9 and sometimes PaintShop Pro9 ....

the most important thing....... HAVE FUN!! that feeling you get when you figure out HOW to do a certain technique is addictive :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually used Microsoft Publisher to create Cambrea's signature as well as my own. (I'm still working on mine, hence the lack of signatures on my posts right now. Lol!) Anyway, it's not the most sophisticated design software, but it comes standard with the Microsoft Office suite so most PCs already have it (which means, no purchasing an expensive new program!) It does require a bit of imagination, but if you have an idea of what you want you have the freedom to manipulate it in any way which is kind of nice. I used a digital scrapbook page (which I found using a google images search) as the background for Cambrea's sig.

I created the sigs at a large size first (roughly 8.5"x14".) Then I selected everything in the design and grouped all of the objects together. Once grouped, I shrunk everything down (roughly 2"x4".) It sometimes works better to convert to PDF, then resize it but this might require CutePDF which may not be a free program. Anyway, the final step (once resized) is to convert to JPEG format for embedding your sig. Sorry for the confusingly convoluted post. If you decide to go this route and are confused about anything, feel free to ask me for clarification. Lol! Also, once everything's set up, you'll have to ask Cambrea how to actually embed it as your signature as I have not quite reached that step yet. :D Whichever route you decide to take, happy designing!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
You have to hit "Print Screen" on your computer and paste it into Paint. Then, you save it, and resize it to 600 x 300 on photobucket or whatever.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts