Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iv just got adobe photoshop and was wondering how i make the pictures that i make on there small enough to either be a siggy or to upload to my web site as i just done my first attempt and it came out ok just the file is to big to upload anywhere lol help much appreciated thanks

p.s the pic is of jake and tyke and ruby on the beach its real funny

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi...I don't know if you have the same version of Adobe Photoshop as I do, but this is how I do it.....go to Image pull down menu, then resize, the resize image. A box will pop up that lets you adjust the pics by pixels and inches. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I used to use Photoshop 5.5 before I started using another program and if I remember correctly, you can resize the physical size of the photo by going to Image, then Image size and resizing that way.

To make your photos smaller in the file sense, when you save, choose "Save for Web". A new window will open and on the right hand side, you can choose what "kind" of photo you want under the settings drop down menu. For instance, I opened PS and was working with a photo that was 548KB and by changing it to JPEG Medium on the menu, the size changed to almost 23KB. Under the photo, there should be a "toolbar" looking thing that will show you the information about the photo.

If Photoshop came with Adobe Image Ready, you can also do a similar thing using the Optimize window.

I hope that helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts