Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.

Tango loves for me to scratch behind his ears. He'll nuzzle my hand, trying to get his head under it and when he does, if I don't immediately start moving my fingers and doing the ear rub thing, he'll rub his head first one way and then the other against my hand, to get me to start.

Jazz on the other hand loves for me to stroke her back, starting at her head and going all the way down to her tail. She doesn't mind me doing her ears the way I do Tango's, but she MUCH prefers the back stroke. She'll even sometimes arch her back, much like a cat does, as my hand's traveling down. She also likes to be rubbed and tickled under her chin, whereas Tango will jerk his head away if I try and do that, and re-position his head UNDER my hand to get behind his hears scratched. . :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Toby likes it when i put a half open hand infront of him and he pushes his head through the space in my hand. He LOVES it when i scratch that spot at the base of his tail where he can't reach. His reaction is to flea me.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
My girls aren't really "belly rubbing" dogs. With Butter, she likes her inner ears to be massaged, neck to be scratched, and I rub her front legs for her as well. Occasionally I'll scratch her boney chest for her but it feels weird...she's sooo skinny..I can feel (and see) her rib cage.

With Britney, she loves her ears (inner and outer) to be massaged as well, I scratch the top of her head and neck, and I pet her from the top of her head to just before the beginning of her tail.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Toby likes it when i put a half open hand infront of him and he pushes his head through the space in my hand. He LOVES it when i scratch that spot at the base of his tail where he can't reach. His reaction is to flea me.
Haha, thats my billys fav spot. He nibbles me when i do that. He cant get enought. I also or rather he likes to be vigeriously stroked along his sides. He gets really excited and gets the zoomies! So Sweet.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Well dad roughs Lola up lol. She loves to play fight with him. He'll grab her and pretend to slam her down and punch her and then he blows her belly. It sounds horrible but she loves it. With my sister she just flops like a rag doll and lays on her back for belly rubs. She goes all floppy lol. With me she just bulldozes straight up to my face and kisses my like mad and I stroke her face.

Cookie must be stroked on his own terms, he hardly lets yo touch his belly. Usually he like a stroke on his back but gentle.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Fifi loves any attention even if shes naughty to get it she'll still wag her tail! SHes so cheeky lol Kiki loves her head being stroked and Hope doesnt care as long as shes getting a fuss lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hannah like looooong head strokes and having her big bat ears gently pulled..
Adam likes the sides of his face stroked and totally hates it if you put a hand above his head.
Heidi just squirms and wiggles so you stroke whatever bit stays still!!LOL
They all love circular chest rubs though, calms them down nicely.:)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Chibi is pretty easy and loves it all but his favorite is scratching at the base of his tail or he will roll over and I will massage him under his armpits/chest. Yoshi likes for me to give him a massage above his shoulders or I will use my hand to rub both ears at the same time kind of a ear massage. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diego likes the armpit rub and will roll over to "position" himself so I can really get in there. His absolute favorite is when I scratch his neck. He does the funniest thing though, he'll sit on my lap facing away from me and keeps looking back until I start scratching his neck and when I do his hind leg lifts up and wiggles! lol If I do it long enough and move up towards his ears he gets into this drug induced state. :D

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Diego likes the armpit rub and will roll over to "position" himself so I can really get in there. His absolute favorite is when I scratch his neck. He does the funniest thing though, he'll sit on my lap facing away from me and keeps looking back until I start scratching his neck and when I do his hind leg lifts up and wiggles! lol If I do it long enough and move up towards his ears he gets into this drug induced state. :D
Yes! Tango does that when I scratch behind his ears lol! If I do it long enough (if he sits still long enough...if there are no distractions) he'll kind of blink a lot, then go into a squinty eyed thing, and finally his lids will droop, and his eyes will be almost closed, and he gets completely relaxed. I keep expecting him to just start drooling he seems so drugged lol! It's really funny. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Mango likes it when I pet her from head to tail, and sometimes, if she lets me, she'll turn over and let me rub her tummy. For some reason she is afraid to go on her back but if she is really relaxed then she'll turn over.

Guava will jump on her back at any chance to get a belly rub. She loves it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same thing with Comet...today when i came home, i went to pick him up to take him outside and potty, but he rolled over and wanted a tummy rub/scratch before he would go out!! and he likes it when i scratch under his chin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts