Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

This probably sounds silly, but I was just wondering, how do you train a Chi to not go to the toilet in its carrier?!
Like if you have to go on a bus journey for an hour and you take your Chi too. I wouldn't want my dog to get in a horrible mess! :(

I apologise now for the questions I ask for the next few weeks, I've never owned a dog before, just seen my friends tactics with their massive dogs lol.

~x~

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
usually a dog will not potty in his den.. so if you make his carrier his den right from the start he will not go there. I always make sure Gadget goes potty before we leave the house and I always take a potty pad with me so that if I am gone longer then he can hold it he will have a place to go... I know it is easier when you have a car, but when you are taking a bus I would take him potty right before you get on the bus and right after you get off the bus...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had that problem. Seiah would go in his bag usually in the morning. I tried waking him up to go on his pad but he jumped right back into his bed. So I figured he didn't need to go. But as soon as I put him in the carrier sure enough I was spending the next half hour cleaning it up. One time after I washed the bag in the washing machine (it ruined the shape but I couldn't let that pee smell stay in there) I put a towel on the bottom. Ever since then he stopped. I think he finally realized that the carrier was not his toilet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts