Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :wave:

I am wondering at how do you

1. after bathing your chi, did you guys hair dryer him (soundless or not) or just let it dry by itself? I read at borders yesterday that it is best to hair dryer it but i was wondering if your chi scared of the sound of hair dryer? Cause my hair dryer is kinda loud.

2. Did you guys comb him at all? If yes, how often? What kind of brush is good for chi? I saw lots of brush type at ebay but i am not sure which one is good for chi or if it is needed at all.

3. What did you do, if your chi has a bad smell. Have you ever tried listerine for dog? I saw it yesterday at petsmart, wondering if anyone has used it before.

Again sorry for asking lots lots and lots of question in this forum

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hi! :wave:

I bathe Bosco about once a month and do not blow-dry him. He has short hair so it dries pretty quickly. I just rub him with a towel.

I do not brush Bosco although the trainer at PetSmart showed me a really weird-looking brush to use if I do decide to brush him. (It looked like a massager with these nobbly balls on it???) :lol:

Bosco isn't very smelly so I have never used the doggie listerine.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Stinky is supposed to be a long hair chi, right now he still looks like a medium... :D :D That been said...

1. I towel dry him, not completely dry because he likes to dry himself..what I do when he's about 90% dry i put the towel on the floor and then he rolls himself dry.

2. I do brush Stinky's hair. We bought him a rubber brush, the teeth of it are really close together and the static pics up loose hairs and doubles as a massage brush.

3. :D Stinky doesn't stink! He had puppy breath only and I find that smell adorable. If you want your puppy to have a good breath try breath refreshing chews...greenies are working great for stinky.

Hope this helps! :wave:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi ive only bathed nemo 1 time but tonight I am again. I dont blow dry him either. as for the smell. theres a spray at wal mart and i use it its a perfume spray for dogs. . For his breath if its real bad I found some doggy breath mints. thery work well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know if tarter leads to bad breath, but our vet recommended Dentabone, and from what my sis says, he loves to chew on it!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ive gotten those dentabones and either of my dogs like them. they were a waste of money for me. dont know if it was just my dogs or not thogh. I did get the greenies and Nemo loves them and they are suspose to be great for tarter

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
We bathe Auggie about once a month and I always brush him before i bathe him. Then we just towel dry him. Fortunately he doesn't have bad breath. :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
In the summer he just air drys after a towel down and in the winter I put a portable heater on and we cuddle in a towel til he is dry and he gets a sweatshirt/sweater. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK! I bathe Yoyo once a month too. His coat is short so just towel them dry. But he does shed a lot during certain months so I brush him pretty often. Usually before bathe and if I could at least twice a week with either small rubber brush or cat bristle brush that I got from pet store. To him like a massage and he really enjoys the brushing time. :lol:
I use to brush his teeth regularly so his breath isn't that bad! :wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I guess I over bathe my dogs, because they get a bath twice a week. They don't like it all that much, so I am hoping they just get use to it. One of my last chi's hated baths because I didn't do it very often and he would put up the biggest fight. So we decided to try to get them use to it early this time. I do not use a hair dryer though, just owel dry, then blanket them until they are warm enough.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bath both of my chi's about once a month. The puppy gets it more if needed. I also use a blow dryer on the lowest setting. Buffy is so use to it she loves it, she looks forward to her bath. I say you want a bath, and she goes running in circles. Chico is still getting use to the idea of a bath. I know buffy loves it, after she is all done she runs laps around the kitchen table for about 5-10 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts