Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new chi owner, I am delighted every day when I come home as jax (after a potty break) COVERS my face in puppy kisses and climbs all over me. After some serious play time, he lays on my lap and watches tv with me. He is just so happy to see me (he does the same to hubby). I was curious to see if this was a breed trait

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Both my babies are very happy to see me when I get home! I always get a ton of kisses while trying to attach their leashes to their collars...Lots of jumping and barking, too!

When it's warm enough, both know when it's close to time for my hubby to get home, and we have to go out on the front porch and wait for him.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My girls go nuts when I come home! I can be gone 5 mins outside taking the trash out and it'll be like I was gone all day! They jump & kiss my legs when I come in and then they do that happy butt dance. Oh I just love it! lol Every Chi is different but I'm glad your baby shows the love towards you! Very sweet!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I'll video it next week they get so excited even if I put the rubbish out you'd think I hadn't been for a year ahahahaha

One spins then climbs up me the other dances on her back legs then climbs up me then I get eaten and washed lol

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Mine both go crazy with happiness. They act like they haven't seen me in ages, even if I only leave for a short time. hehe. Pip spins, jumps, and reverse sneezes and then after he's done greeting me he always runs and gets his ball and then zooms around the house in happy "mom is home" mode. lol. :D Roo does this funny hoppy thing where she stands on her back legs with her little front paws curled up to her chest and hops and dances, then she does her little down position with bum in air wanting to play and then lastly she usually falls down in front of me on her back and squirms like mad flailing her little paws hoping for a tummy rub, it's so cute. Then she generally joins Pip is running and getting some toys. :)

Zippy wakes up.

What can I say? He's an old man. ;)
LOL! :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Both my babies give massive kisses but Toby gives me teeny tiny nips too. Not a real hurt but just gets carried away.LOL And that is when I am gone for maybe 1 hour. They do love big for such little dogs.LOL

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey is always excited when I come home, but extra excited if I have left her alone for a few hours,
She will jump on her back legs like she is begging, and she will cry :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mags just goes nuts!! First it's the child like whine, as if she's screaming "pick me up Mom, pick me up!" After picking her up, she just covers my face is kiss after kiss. She really know how to bring a smile to my heart. With the hubby, I don't know what it is, but she ALWAYS, ALWAYS has to kiss his ears, lol. Never his face, just his ears.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Peanut will go crazy. He'll jump around, bark, and wag his tail. He's even worse when my husband comes home from work. Peanut knows the sound of his truck. If my husband don't come in the house rate away, Peanut will start howling. It's kinda of cute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tyson the fawn one in the pic below wiggles his full body from side to side which seems to get more motionful as you sing wiggle it, just a little bit.

Tequilla runs at you and tries to climd you whilst you are standing up

Tiffany the white one jumps on tequilla to try and get to you.

As soon as we sit down its climb on you sit on your shoulder like a parrot, kisses tail whips to the face and general mayhem. They run about daft jumping all over us before realising......its treat time. They then lead us to the kitchen at the exact spot the treat jars at!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Radley is normally sleeping when I come home, but once he realises I am back its all about the kisses and snuggling. Once that is all done with it is down to some serious play time, usually with his kong or Moo (squeaky cow).
He does the same when my partner gets home... similarly to what a few of you have said, I only have to be gone a short time and it's as if I have been gone all week.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Alfie spins in a circle, dances on his back legs, jumps up at me and then runs off to find a toy to bring me. He ALWAYS has to bring me a toy when I've been out lol.

He's not allowed upstairs and so when I go up he waits at the bottom of the steps whimpering occasionally and when I come back down he acts as if I've left the house and been gone for hours, bless him.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
What a fun thread!

Tango is really funny, he'll wait for me down the hall, crouched and ready. I have to squat down, that's what he's waiting for. When I squat, he'll run at me full tilt and take a flying leap into my lap, paws on my chest licking my neck and as much of my face as he can reach.

Jazz is crated when I'm not home, so the first thing I do is let her out of her crate, at which point she runs straight to her pee pad and pees. But while I'm standing next to her waiting, she just has to leap at my legs a time or two, lick my pants, run in circles, and sniff at my shoes as part of her pee-preparation lol! Once she's done peeing, she does her best to attempt to climb my legs :)

As soon as she's done with her potty stuff, I get on the couch and let the dogs jump and run all over me, licking crazily everwhere there's exposed skin. Jazz's favorite place to lick is my eyes, and Tango's is up my nose...eeeewwww! Failing that, he'll lick on and around it.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Frankie does the "chi spin" like a hundred times then runs to get his greenie and begs for me to chase him. Benny does the reverse sneeze thing and sounds like a little piggy squealing. Doesn't matter if I have been out for 5 minutes or 3 hours!!!!:)

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have never left my 7 week old yet, but if I leave to go to the bathroom and she stays with my husband, or I wake up (DH gets up earlier and takes her) she will go crazy spinning and jumping. If I lay down on the floor she'll run full force towards me, and start attacking me with kisses while kind of nibling on me too. I love it.

I'm actually just waking up now, so I am gonna go out to the living room and get this exact treatment now.. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts