Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well woke up this morning to a very grey and rainy outdoors. The joys of living in the united kingdom. :(

I let Kaspar out for his morning toilet and although he didn't look too impressed he did have a run around and had a pee but he didn't poop which is unusual. He ran back in and really didnt want to go back outside!

How do your chis cope with the rain?

·
Registered
201 Posts
cocco has only been out when it has been spiting and he loved it running around the wet grass but what he would be like in the pouring rain i dont know and chenell hasnt seen rain yet

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So Bailey doesn't care for the rain. I try to stand above her with an umbrella since were still potty training. But it's not easy!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My two hate it, but not quite as bad as they hate the snow and cold. I can get them to go out in it, but it takes alot of coaxing and I have to go, too!

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Chico thinks it should be a criminal offense if his feet get wet, he doesn't like the dew-covered grass either. Thank goodness he is pee-pad trained. He does like to go out when the sun is shining though :) and the snow?? Just ferget about it........lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
I tell Chip "outside, go potty!" and open up the door and he'll prance outside, notice it's raining, reconsider obeying, see me watching from the door, and then race outside and have zoomies all around the yard. He pees probably 6 or 7 times every time he goes out (which is frequent), because he has to mark EVERYTHING. The rain, snow, etc. doesn't bother him, luckily.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Pouring rain here in Oxfordshire too - non stop all day! Alfie is not a fan AT ALL. He will go outside to go to the loo if he has to, but he trembles and rolls his eyes and look thoroughly upset about it.

Snow, on the other hand, he LOVES.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new and I have only had my little guy, Diego, since March. He is a rescue and only 7 mo. old, so never sure of his reaction to things. However, he so far, will tolerate the rain,.but only so much. He picks up his paws on wet grass and pavement and shakes them, but I tell him, "your feet will dry out later" and he seems to understand and continue on. I also can sometimes coax him into his rain slicker and/or to stand under my umbrella. It usually does take more coaxing for him to poo, but on the plus side, he pees really quick. Hehe! :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Glyn hates it, i have to carry him out if its raining, then he stands looking at me shaking like a leaf, i have to close the door on him or he wont potty, BAD MUM lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chloe hates the rain (as we found out tonight) she RAN down the stairs (first time!) wimpering and into the house to get out of it. I guess we'll be using puppy pads during these rainy months....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Rocky absolutely hates rain and everything else thats wet :D. And he won't go outside when its raining. He prefers holding in 12hours than stepping outside :cool:. But then I don't blame him as when I finally force him to go outside his belly will be soaking wet and dirty (and a friends big dog never has this problem).

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I live in Oregon in the US and it is grey and raining 75% of the time here too. I put raincoats on my dogs and just take them out to walk. They got over the fact that it is raining after a few days of walking in the rain. I don't take them out when it is pouring though..

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Audrey despises it! If she gets one drop on her, she starts shaking her head and pawing at her ears. If she steps in wet, she picks up her paw like its broken. My little drama queen :) she is puppy pad trained tho, thank goodness. The amazing part tho was that when I took her camping, she follwed my shar-pei right into puddles. But that has been the only time.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mine don't cope well at all...In fact, they hate it. We 'speed pee'...And we won't poo until it stops, even if that means holding it all day long.

Pedro hates snow and ice even worse...His little paws can't take it. He collapses when we walk across it and I have to pick him up and carry him.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Hannah was not big on going out when we got her @(11yrs old), but with time and patience she rarely uses a pee pad now...her preference is the outdoors rain,snow,windy, cold, hurricane Irene..basically you get the picture. We started by getting her a light weight fleece for the yucky weather and when we would take her out we would carry her and just set her down. Everytime she went we praised her, gave her a treat and dried her or at the very least would wrap her up in a little pink paw print towel to warm her up then put her in her favorite bed. She quickly learned she liked the pampered treatment she would get for going out and eventually Hannah would pester to go out all the time. To this day we still give her extra spoilings on the bad weather days, but other than that she just get treats for the "important" potty efforts.

Jasper and Moose are 50/50 with potty pads and the outside. They will go out no matter what with out much fuss but the preference is in, so if we don't feel like dealing with the crappy weather they don't care. Only downside with Jasper is he likes to play in puddles and roll in mud!!!! So yes we end up towel drying him! Moose is going to see his first winter soon. When we got him it was winter, but way to cold and he was only a few months old, so we didn't start him till spring. So far he isn't too fussy about weather, but we shall see about snowflakes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
LOL! It is a mildly damp morning here in Kent after a week of record breaking temps... Calista is deeply unimpressed!!
She detests the rain, and anything wet in general...
Here is a picture for your amusement...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts