Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this is stupid, but lately Jamoka hasn't been keeling down to pee
he's just been standing up which makes the pee go all over his front paws.
so this makes his paws smell like pee!

so he gets a bath almost everyday, and at first i thought maybe he likes getting baths so he pees on his front paws but now i just don't know what to think. any of you guys "sons" doing this?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmmm I dunno...Seiah has never stood and peed but sometimes he'll bend his body in a weird way and get his paws wet. I have a huge thing of puppy wipes and just wipe his paws with that, and Seiah has dry skin so I can't give him baths everyday. I don't really mind, as long as he doesn't lift his leg, because he doesn't go outside to potty.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper squats when he does his thing. If the grass hasn't been mown in a while, he has to lift a leg so he doesn't get his stuff all over his legs.

Since he had his knee surgery, I have seen him standing but he has yet to get himself wet. I do clean his legs and underside with a wipe when he comes in though, just in case.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Boogaloo said:
Bosco lifts his leg to pee and often pees on his front paws. :roll: Lola follows her big brothers move and also pees with one leg lifted. :D
That's hilarious! I've never seen a girl dog pee lifting her leg! :lol: She wants to be just like her big brother I guess :lol:

Cooper lifts his leg and often pees on his front leg. :roll:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I don't think Bosco pees correctly when he lifts his leg because the stream still goes straight down, rather than to the side. LOL

I should take a video of Lola lifting her leg when she wees because it is hilarious. She is not the most graceful dog and wobbles while she tries to maintain her 3-legged squat. :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I just had to share this...

We had a Chi when I was a child named Poco. He was definitely the alpha of the house and behaved accordingly (he wasn't pleasant and thought he was the biggest dog EVER).

My grandmother came to visit us and she was the kind of person that put her "face on" to go to the store, wearing her pearls and heels. She and Poco had always had a love/hate relationship, just like two grumpy old men. Anyway, we were getting ready for dinner one night and she came downstairs, holding one of her shoes.

Evidently, Poco had decided to relieve himself in her room. She was not happy but told the story about how she found the shoe filled with pee and he hadn't gotten anything on the carpet with his perfect aim.

For years afterwards, the family joked about how she didn't spill any of it carrying it down the stairs to show us. My mom told her she had always heard the phrase "doesn't have enough sense to pour piss out of boot" but never knew what it meant until that day.

I miss that dog. And I miss Grandmom too. :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Boogaloo said:
Bosco lifts his leg to pee and often pees on his front paws. :roll: Lola follows her big brothers move and also pees with one leg lifted. :D
This is what my female chi, Tia, used to do. Hard to describe, but she sort of did a half squatting, half lifting her leg type of thing, and sometimes she would get off balance and her rear end would plop down on the ground. It was really hilarious. :lol:

She also used to do what we called her "potty ballet". After she finished doing her business, she sort of stretched her body out, with one of her rear legs sticking out back, then the other leg, and finally would shake her booty. It was really quite funny. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts