Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband point blankly refused for us to get a Chihuahua, claiming id look like a Paris Hilton wannabe and he would refuse to walk it!
..But I knew id win him round in the end and he was the one to actually find Pixie! :hello1:

As soon as he saw her he couldnt leave her alone haha.
He couldnt help admit how incredibly easy to care for Chi's are and what big personalities they have!!
So much so he then wanted his own Chi!!!! I found this turn around so funny! Now he happily walks teeny tiny Pixie and treats them like babies for everyone to see haha.

Other people have also commented since meeting them how they never thought they'd like Chihuahuas - they seem to have this bad rep for being nippy and yappy?
No one can not love a Chi!! ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
My Hubby adores Calista!!
He treats her like a baby just as much as I do, even tucks her up in her blankies and cuddles her!
He is much firmer with her than I am, and she is more likely to do what he tells her though ;)
Everytime he goes to the petstore for something (Hay for Mercury the bun etc) He always brings a toy back for her, lol! 'Look what Daddy has for you baby [email protected] :giggle:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Very similar here. It took me a looooong time to convince hubby to agree to a Chi. Two weeks after I got Matilda he totally fell for her & she is his baby still to this day. :) And we have six more so obviously he too fell in love with the breed. LOL He isn't involved in them with their care, breeding (well the one litter we had LOL) & showing, which I've not quite started--Lulu & I are gearing up to start. But he works really long hours & is very involved with the local FD so he doesn't have the time to be. He loves giving & getting loves from them though so it's all good. ;) And Matilda...what can I say--she is the love of his life. I think he treats her better than me most days. :eek: hahahaha

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Same here when we got our 1st chi for my daughter 20 years ago,don't expect me to like it or take it out:foxes15: 2 chis later and he treats them better than ME (lol) he even has to kiss Dottie on the head if she's in my arms when we're out,and kiss them goodnight and walk them on a pink lead and harness.MEN they think their so macho till something steals their heart

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My hubby is a total softy and loves dogs as much, or nearly as much as I do :) We've adopted Lucy in 2001 and when we brought her home she was very scared of him. It took him probably two months before she started to trust him. She had a very rough life before being rescued by an angel named Judy.

Bailey was my birthday gift from him last year and she is probably his favorite (shhh..he would hate to hear me say he has a fave..lol.) She has him wrapped around her little paw.

Zoey was only supposed to be fostered by us until my daughter moved into her new house, but after he saw her he said "she isn't going anywhere!" And indeed she never will. I'm over the top in love with this little girl and so is he.

Everyone should be so lucky to have a hubby like mine..lol ;) He likes to say that chihuahuas are a real mans dog.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
My boyfriend actually is the reason we have a chihuahua! He has grown up with chis his whole life. I will say that I did NOT like chihuahuas until I met his family's dog. I realized that chi's can be real dogs.. They can walk, hike, and don't need to be carried in bags. Well, about a year after we started dating we decided to get Lion, and then 5 months later we brought Penny home. I am more involved in their care (feeding, training, etc.) but he loves them just as much as I do :).

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My husband wasn't much for me getting a chi either. But then I got Audrey and her little cuddly self weaseled her way right to his heart. :) she has her little pink sparkle collar and her little dresses and he happily carries her around. She is his baby. She gets a kiss before I do when he gets home from work.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My husband and I were both 'big dog people'. It was my idea to get a Chi, but Gracie wrapped him around her tiny paw first! He loves her - talks baby talk to her all the time, and tucks her in at night when we go to bed.

·
Registered
774 Posts
my hubby refused to let me have a house dog of any kind. then we got honeybee and it was love at first sight. he has retired from work and sits around the house and spoils both of my babies rotten. love him to bits.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My hubby and I got together about 6 years ago and I was already obsessed with chihauhua's. We were only kids but had a fantasy about having a boy chihuahua called Georgio when we lived together lol. We always knew we'd get one :) Although having got Pixie on saturday My hubs has confessed how surprised he is at her personality! He thought she'd be all weak and feeble not playful and fun like she is! He treats her like a baby like I do! xxx

·
Registered
236 Posts
He He - My Hubby has grown up around small & large breed dogs all his life & he adores our chi's. In fact just yesterday he told me he wasn't "bonding" with my son's poodle x & perhaps we should get him another chi instead :p

He loves to tell them all that they are his favourite & that we "saved" them from wherever they came from. We did "save" Bell from a BYB but the other 2 are from a lovely lady who I am quite good friends with now lol!

He is also a big, muscular, tattooed & shaved headed Aussie Bloke, but he loves his furbabies and will quite happily stroll around with the girls in their pink harnesses & leads & there has been no protest to Yogi's purple lead either!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts