Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I have been feeding Lulu ZiwiPeak for about 2 months now and I am almost positive the protein is 38.8%, fat 31.7%, carb 18.4% for lamb. I switched Lulu to venison because I thought she was alergic to lamb--not sure now but she likes venison and I know she's not alergic to it so I'm sticking with it. I don't know the protein, fat, carb % (haven't figured them yet) but I'm sure they are very close to lamb. TOTW which I hope no one is using now but in the past was very popular is as high as 35% or more. Not sure but I think Acana is that high. It does seem high especially for those of us that have couch potatoes.LOL But I love ZP because for one thing, since I have started feeding Lulu ZP she has absolutely no shedding. I will be curious to see other reponses.

I edited this because I noticed your chis are 4 years old and 7 years old. Lulu is 4 years old. I also don't know is age makes a difference because a lot of the chis on this site are younger although we do have our precious older ones too. But I'm also curious does the protein amount matter according to age?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Dazy was gaining weight like crazy when she was on higher protein and of course some of that was in the fat content too. The food I have her on now is 28% protein and 18% fat and I mix it with a lower Protein of 21 % She is doing better on that. My dogs are not extremely active and so I try to really watch their weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts