Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back daisy got diagnosed with a loose knee cap :roll: not quite grade one lp but still not good anyway I thought I should tell her breeder... I'm not really surprised and her response if 'um well none of mine have it' tbh I don't think she knows what litter daisy came from... But whatever lol

I have said that those dogs shouldn't be bred as lp is hereditary haha but yeah they don't have it!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ohhh, that would make Me ****ed . That is irresponsible as a breeder She should want to talk to the vet You go to and not breed the dogs again.Maybe the adult parents even have this so She may want to get them checked out.That's how alot of breeder's are though.Sorry You have to go through this.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
:( thats pretty much the response i got from the woman i got Twig from when i told her about T's PL... altho now i hear she doesnt breed chis anymore which is something

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Clearly another one just in it for the money then eh.
Unreal!
Least you did the right thing and told her. xx

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh, that would make Me ****ed . That is irresponsible as a breeder She should want to talk to the vet You go to and not breed the dogs again.Maybe the adult parents even have this so She may want to get them checked out.That's how alot of breeder's are though.Sorry You have to go through this.
Thanks!!

:( thats pretty much the response i got from the woman i got Twig from when i told her about T's PL... altho now i hear she doesnt breed chis anymore which is something
Scumbag!!!! I counted up all her adverts and she has made over £30,000 this year since January my house looks like a mansion compared to hers so god knows where they all go!! Makes me sad :(
Clearly another one just in it for the money then eh.
Unreal!
Least you did the right thing and told her. xx
She's making money for more surgery not that I'm one to talk but she's had her boobs and nose done from selling dogs!! Urgh her dogs ain't even nice dunno how daisy is so pretty

I hate people like this, I must attract them

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ughh doesnt really surprise me! So many people are more than happy to keep breeding even if there are issues because they're getting money out of it!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just reading about breeding licenses in the kc puppy handbook and basically anyone who has more than 5 litters a year needs a license but it says anyone who is carrying out a business of breeding dogs for sale needs one!! Technically that could mean anyone who has sold a dog they bred

·
Registered
852 Posts
It is sad that she won't acknowledge it but we do need to remember that it isn't always hereditary.
She may be telling the truth that none of her dogs have it?

I'm not saying she ISN'T a liar, I don't know the woman lol. Just saying that LP can be caused by other things.
It could well be that Daisy inherited it though. I guess we'll never know for sure.

Also, we need to encourage people to buy from reputable breeders so the ones who aren't so responsible no longer have anyone to sell to!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
She may not be... She may just not have noticed it in her dogs - Some people wouldnt notice if their dog was walking about without a head, theyre so blind to how "perfect" their dogs are!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, I'm just saying. I obviously don't know her ;)

I know that Kiki's dam and sire do not have LP but I will always keep an eye out just because of what a little athlete she seems to think she is! Always jumping about :rolleyes:
Love her!

As I've said in other posts, its just something we need to mention in case other people read this, experience it and think their dogs breeders are liars too!

I do hope Daisy's knee doesn't get worse though!

·
Registered
881 Posts
She may not be... She may just not have noticed it in her dogs - Some people wouldnt notice if their dog was walking about without a head, theyre so blind to how "perfect" their dogs are!
I'll agree with that, well all know about the show breeder who shows that poor puppy with LP and he still gets placed :( god knows how many times he has been used at stud. Horrible to watch :(

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Anytime money is the motivation for people there are bound to be problems.
If you cannot afford to keep all the dogs you produce, vet bills, food, supplies and all. You should NOT breed.

I've seen breeders unable to pay for basic vet visits etc, and use deposit money for that kind of thing.
Totally unethical IMO, I mean what if something drastic happens? what if there is an emergency?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
She may not have noticed it, Zoey's breeder had no idea Zoey had a 1/4" overbite until I emailed her pictures. I used to breed westies and tripled checked all of their teeth/bites prior to them going to their new homes. Unless they have been checked by the vet, there is no way for the breeder to know if her dogs have LP.

·
Registered
432 Posts
A few weeks back daisy got diagnosed with a loose knee cap :roll: not quite grade one lp but still not good anyway I thought I should tell her breeder... I'm not really surprised and her response if 'um well none of mine have it' tbh I don't think she knows what litter daisy came from... But whatever lol

I have said that those dogs shouldn't be bred as lp is hereditary haha but yeah they don't have it!!!
But of COURSE they don't... no doubt her dogs are all potential champions too! Duh! :rolleyes: It seems that there are waaaaay too many people out there who do just breed for money. I wish there was a way of licensing people who breed dogs even occasionally. Sadly, I think those of us who actually do research our puppies before jumping headlong into puppy 'mummyhood' are not as common as we'd like to think. Which leaves an awful lot of potential puppy owners at the mercy of ratbags!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ha! Reminds me of the first 'breeder' I met with (and whose puppy I nearly bought!) who insisted that ALL her dogs were show potential, despite the fact that they carried defective genes and she'd lost puppies due to various disorders!

·
Registered
72 Posts
there are many of them around :s and the worst thing is when it's a health issue. and you informed her and she still ignored the fact... she's making good money is what i think, poor dogs

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol you guys are all so funny!! Sadly her breeder is a money grabber she just bought a micro pig too :/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts