Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was riding my horse down a dirt road that i had never gone on before and i saw this little shack for a house that said chi's for sale. this excited me because i have wanted a chihuahua so bad for my whole life, but it is hard finding chis around colorado since this is a place for big dogs mainly. but i got the number from the sign and i took my car there later that day. i knocked on the door of this sketchy house hoping that i wasn't going to be a victim of kidnap. the people were both very strange, but my adventurous side led me into the house(stupid. but well worth it.). i saw at least 30 puppy chihuahuas running all around eating crumbs off the floor. i asked how much and she said 300 for one of these little mangy puppies. i asked if she had any that weren't that much and she led me to her backyard. i saw all these adult chihuahuas living in a small pen with no shelter and barb wire laying everywhere. all of the skinny dogs came running(i assume because they thought it was time to be fed)... except for one. this one was laying in the corner shaking. i asked what his name was and she said casper. i asked if i could hold him and she said sure and it took her at least half an hour to catch this little skinny chi in this small pen. when she finally did catch him he froze and peed because he was so afraid. i asked how much she said 100 i told her i would buy him for 80 if she didn't want me calling animal control. and she said fine. i brought him home and cuddled him in a blanket and fed him good food and i gave him water. he drank forever, i swear. he was scared of me for the longest time, but now we're best friends and he follows me everywhere and he's cuddling with me as i write this right now! :) *i did end up calling animal control and hopefully those dogs were all taken away from her. :)

sometimes the best things come out of the worst situations. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What a really nice story--thank you for sharing it. I took Finn home from the Humane Society because he was nothing but a bag of quaking bones. He had a "behavioral warning" against him for that very reason. Finn was a little nothing that had been dumped anonymously in the overnight box. When the Humane Society rep put him down in the meeting room, Finn just curled into a little quivering ball. But when I reached out to touch him, he gently licked my hand, and that's when i knew he was the one. Now he's a goodwill ambassador for other Chihuahuas rescued from bad situations. He's a lively, sweet little guy. It's wonderful how forgiving these babies are!!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am glad you rescued your baby.

I so hope you turned them in any way and if not then I hope you can still do so.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
You need to turn them in...seriously. Think about all the chis left that you didn't take and the awful living conditions they are in :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts