919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you go to in a day?

Holly and I went to a total of 4! lol

At Petco:

At Incredible Pets:

At PetSmart:

And at Pet Food Express:

We didn't buy anything at the first 3 stores, but that's okay. At least we didn't leave PFE empty handed. :p Holly got a new leash, a ball, and an itty bitty duck. Btw she also got a new pink Puppia Rite Fit harness in the mail on Tuesday, which she was modeling in the pics. Yea! So she wound up with quite a bit of goodies this week. :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
your so lucky! the only big pet store we have is a medium pets at home which is SO expensive! and its like 30-40 mins away on a good day! we do have one tiny independent pet shop that we use weekly but thats it we dont have big pet stores in cornwall except pets at home and theres only 2 of them! :( x

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Shannon! It takes me about 30 minutes to get there, depending on traffic, so I don't go very often.

On the plus side there are pet stores that are nearer to where I live. They just aren't in close proximity of one another like these 4 are.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww I love your son, he's so darn cute and so sweet with Holly, so gentle. :love2:
It looks like he really likes her. Holly looks great in her new Puppia by the way!
Can you believe that this Puppia queen never tried the "ritefit" style? And I
thought I had them all, lol... :rolleyes: You have nice petstores too, most
stores here are full of crap, good, nice, clean ones are hard to find.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww I love your son, he's so darn cute and so sweet with Holly, so gentle. :love2:
It looks like he really likes her. Holly looks great in her new Puppia by the way!
Can you believe that this Puppia queen never tried the "ritefit" style? And I
thought I had them all, lol... :rolleyes: You have nice petstores too, most
stores here are full of crap, good, nice, clean ones are hard to find.
Whoop whoop! I finally have a Puppia that you don't have! I didn't think it was possible! ;)

I didn't even know that they existed...until I accidentally stumbled upon them on ebay.

Hubby and I really like it. Not only does it have velcro closures, but clips where the velcro is for added security. My son isn't too thrilled about the pink though. He would have preferred it in black, blue, or red. :rolleyes:

Here's a link to see them better (and to tempt you and others on here, of course ;))

puppia rite fit | eBay

·
Registered
786 Posts
She is adorable! Looks like she had quite a day. Your son is adorable as well. What a good "big brother" he is to Holly!

What we are in need of really determines what pet stores we go to. Today we visited a dog bakery called Giggy Bites to get bully sticks, duck feet, tendons & trachea (who knew they were good chews!) and to get Mojo and XXL tripod chew. That store is about 45 minutes away and we rarely go. We are lucky enough to have a lot of good local, and chain pet stores around. I really try to stay away from the chain stores unless I need something "expensive" because the local stores mark it up a lot. I go to chain stores for crates, carriers, stuff like that. I go to the local stores for Mojo's kibble, toys, treats, that sort of stuff. I usually get harnesses, collars, and beds from eBay or Facebook pet groups because they can be custom made to fit. I've never heard of Puppia, maybe I will invest in one of those! Ote's harnesses are "prissy" dress style harnesses for the most part. She doesn't try to run, ever, so they are velcro or snap closure. The Puppia harness that you have sounds like it's really secure - it'd be good for walks in unfamiliar areas where there could be a sudden and unexpected jolt!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She is adorable! Looks like she had quite a day. Your son is adorable as well. What a good "big brother" he is to Holly!

What we are in need of really determines what pet stores we go to. Today we visited a dog bakery called Giggy Bites to get bully sticks, duck feet, tendons & trachea (who knew they were good chews!) and to get Mojo and XXL tripod chew. That store is about 45 minutes away and we rarely go. We are lucky enough to have a lot of good local, and chain pet stores around. I really try to stay away from the chain stores unless I need something "expensive" because the local stores mark it up a lot. I go to chain stores for crates, carriers, stuff like that. I go to the local stores for Mojo's kibble, toys, treats, that sort of stuff. I usually get harnesses, collars, and beds from eBay or Facebook pet groups because they can be custom made to fit. I've never heard of Puppia, maybe I will invest in one of those! Ote's harnesses are "prissy" dress style harnesses for the most part. She doesn't try to run, ever, so they are velcro or snap closure. The Puppia harness that you have sounds like it's really secure - it'd be good for walks in unfamiliar areas where there could be a sudden and unexpected jolt!!
Thanks Aly!

I didn't really need anything. I just promised my youngest that we'd go somewhere. We live out in the country (AKA the sticks lol) so we don't get out as much as we should. Holly needed to get out too, and with the warmer weather I figured these would be the best places to take the both of them to.

I'm surprised that you never heard of Puppia. They're all the rage on here! ;) Just do a search for them and I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads. :)

PS I go to my local feed store to get Holly's food. But it's in a different direction than the pet stores I went to. Otherwise I probably would have went there too! :p

I usually go to the petco/Pet Smart on my way home from work. Not very exciting.
Well at least you can go there on the way home. I can't do the same as it's out of the way. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.