Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...on a dog bed?

I always look for good deals on quality items and I think the most
expensive dog bed I ever bought was 40$. Normally it's around 20$.
I saw this Etsy listing today, and it made me feel so cheap! :laughing8:Haha.
My pups might be princesses, but I ain't never spending this much
on a dog bed!

Check it out!
Luxury Dog Bed by adornagain on Etsy

It's recycled and yours for only 800$! :p

...and since we are on the subject of doggie beds, where do you
usually buy yours? Online? Pet store? Yard sale?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm willing to spend more in materials to make a good dog bed than I am to spend a whole lot on a premade bed hehe....
For example, we bought a $50 thickly padded crate bed for Keira... and she destroyed it in one night. :( But I would gladly spend $50, and make 3 nice dog beds at home ;)
But HOLY COW, I would not spend $800 on a tiny bed! (Or any bed for my dogs... sheesh!) Well, unless you count the couch... that's where mine usually crash haha.

·
Banned
248 Posts
$20 is my limit lol. I guess I am cheap. But I can make a perfectly good dog bed out of some old comforters and pillows. My dogs don't know the difference between the $20 dog bed and the pile of blankets on the floor.....They actually tend to prefer the pile of blankets lol.

I buy my dog beds from Big Lots......Again lol i'm cheap.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Whaaat?! That's craziness! I would probably never spend that much for a bed for MYSELF, let alone a tiny little dog bed. I believe in spending a little more for quality items, but that's madness.

We found a nice little bed at our natural pet store that we plan on getting B-- the cover can zip off and is washable, plus I believe it is partially recycled/eco-friendly fabric. Only for $20! :)

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
I get the Kirkland brand from Costco for $20 for regular bed and $22 for couch style. I refuse to pay anymore. Esp for Sadie as when she wants a new bed she shreds her old one. No way $800you I didn't spend that on my own bed!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I have a few PEIpods that were $130, but omg, best best best investment I have EVER made considering the wear and tear stuff gets around here. Usually I feel like I spend betwen $20 and $40 as an average.

Unless that flower is made of SOLID GOLD they must have made a mistake on the price and added an extra 0!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hehe, you girls are funny, you're making me laugh. :foxes251:
I forgot I have the snuggle sac too, so I guess that raises my max to 50$
See I think in the case of a Pei Pod the high price makes sense because it
is durable and going to last a long time. Worse comes to worst you can
simply change the cushion inside, but the structure should last forever.
It's a good point about puppies too, with pups I usually use old blankets
instead of beds, so if they pee or chew on them it's not the end of the
world.

Oh and Missy, is that an American store? I can't find it online.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
TJ max and Ross are discount clothing/home goods stores. I believe that major stores send out of season or overstock merchandise there. I don't know if it is just a chain in the Pacific Northwest or if they have those stores in other parts of the country.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TJ max and Ross are discount clothing/home goods stores. I believe that major stores send out of season or overstock merchandise there. I don't know if it is just a chain in the Pacific Northwest or if they have those stores in other parts of the country.
Aha! So it's kind of like Winners here. They have a little bit of everything, all the
leftovers from other stores. So you get good deals on clothes and such from last
season for example. Definitely good place to shop for dog beds!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
That link actually made me mad, lol. Another example of people making an Etsy store and deciding their crappy, one-of-a-kind, "vintage" creations are worth a fortune. Okay, let me go find a dresser and take out a draw or something and throw some grandma pillows in it. Bam, $1000, right?

Maybe I am just bitter after being in the hospital, LOL. But I couldn't help but say "What the @&#%?!" when I saw that. :p

I'd pay up to about $40-$50 for a dog bed as well. That tends to be how much they always cost here and they're honestly nothing special. That's just Sweden. There's one I really want to get for Gemma but it's $43. Having to think about it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a few designer dog beds for mine, they are expensive, but they are the authentic well known brand. I have seen these beds in the Etsy, but I think they are ridiculous price. Same as what I have seen some FB friends who bought expensive outfits from those so called dog designers. They are probably well known in certain states and that's it, because of the dog shows. No one have ever heard of their names in European countries but they charges even more than RL, Chanel or JC...

To answer the question, I will spend for a well known designer dog bed but no way I will spend money on something that expensive in Etsy.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I used to buy cheap, on sale beds. But they don't last that long. So I have been spending a little more on beds and they last longer. I need to replace a few, all the stuffing is out of about 4 and the foam chewed up in another. But since there are no more puppies, I can replace them now.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I don't spend much on beds because Toby doesn't really use them. He prefers to sleep on the bed or the couch. I actually don't spend much on anything for Toby other than food, supplements, and personal care items for him. And pee pads. I am a super bargain buyer with everything else. *says the poor college student*

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.