Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy is 2.3 at 10 weeks although she looks awefully tiny and nobody believes me that she weighs that. I know other chis that weigh under 3 lbs. and look bigger than she is. Do they usually gain about the same number of ounces each week or does it vary? She supposed to weight 4 1/2 -5 lbs. I don't really care how much she will weigh full grown I was just wondering if this is a normal weight for her age. What do or did your puppies weight at 10 weeks? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gizmo weighed 2.4 at 10 weeks....he gained steadily for awhile and has halted for the last 3 weeks...he's stuck at 3.9

According to the charts he's supposed to weigh 5-5 1/2 full grown...but we'll see...

So your baby is at a good weight! At 8 weeks Gizmo weighed 2 pounds :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi was 1.6 pounds when i got her home at 10 weeks, she stayed that weight for a week and a half then started gaining weight here and there. at 5 months old she weighed 2.3 and i'm not sure how much she weighs now. i was going to find out this week at the vets but i had to reschedule her prespay bloodwork for monday. i don't think she has reached 3 pounds yet and she'll be 7 months on the 18th.

·
Registered
889 Posts
the weight chart for us was completely wrong.

at zoey's weight when she was around 10-12 weeks she was supposed to be 6lbs i believe. now zoey weighs between 8-9 -- which doesn't bother me. just more chihuahua to love! :)

so i wouldn't rely on the charts completely.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
if she's 2.3 pounds at 10 weeks .....she won't be tiny :D

cosmo was 2 pounds at 12 weeks and he's 6 pounds now :wave:

paris and vienna were a pound and a half at 12 weeks

kisses nat

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Bindi weighed 1lb 10 oz at 10 weeks and she is about 4.5-5 now.....she is nearly 10 mos. The weight chart was right on for us.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Cant remember what mine weighed when younger, but Fynn at nearly 5 years old weighs 3 1/2lbs, Rosie at nearly 6 years old weighs the same and Sully at 7 1/2 years weighs 7 1/2 lb.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think at 10 weeks Peanut was at 1.8 or 9 ounces. He is now around 4.5 pounds and probably wont grow more than half a pound, but I think he is done growing.

Yael

·
Registered
292 Posts
We got Tiki and Lola at 11 weeks and they were both around 1 1/2 lbs. They are now 15 months old and are almost 4 lbs. We just got Zoey about a month ago,she's almost 6 months old and she weighs 2.10 lbs

·
Registered
106 Posts
how big is your chi

Well Smidgen is 4 lbs and she is 4 years old. Her daughter Chassis will be 2 in December and only weighs 2.4 lbs. Smidgens pups in that litter (3) were extra extra small. They were born a couple days early. The little boy only lived 4 days. He had under developed lungs. If he had survived, he would have been even smaller. Both Chassis and her sister Trinket have been very healthy, so we are very lucky.

Beth, Smidgen & Chassis

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
chihuahua weight

Yoshi will be 12 wks Saturday and he is still holding around 1lb 5oz he was 1lb 4oz at 9 wks and eats well but hasnt gained hardly anything in 3 wks?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Bella was 1 lb 5 oz the first time i took her to the vet. Then we went back the next week and she had gained one ounce. Then again two days later she had gained another ounce... am i feeding her too much? she is only 8 weeks and her parents are 2.5 and 3 lbs... so im hoping she is around that weight but it seems she is going to be bigger...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts