Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this...is it ok for puppy to sleep in intervals of 3 hours at night? When do they start sleeping more. I've been getting up at 5:30 everyday with 2 to 3 pee breaks, I guess on a good night he only gets up once in the middle of the night. He's only 10 weeks :?
any comments?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi sleeps and sleeps and sleeps! i never had a problem with her not sleeping tht's for sure. although i couldn't get her to sleep in a crate (yeah yeah some amy argue i didn't try hard enough but if they came to my house and listened to her scream for 4 hours they woulda gave in too.) once i laid the crate idea to rest she was fine.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
chiwi sleeps and sleeps and sleeps! i never had a problem with her not sleeping tht's for sure. although i couldn't get her to sleep in a crate (yeah yeah some amy argue i didn't try hard enough but if they came to my house and listened to her scream for 4 hours they woulda gave in too.) once i laid the crate idea to rest she was fine.
That's why Giz sleeps in a basket...he hates to feel enclosed....I spent 80$ on a crate and he flipped out...and yes...I could have tried harder also, but he looked so sad...once I put him in the basket he fell right to sleep and loved it from then on....

Oh but to the question they sleep alot...Gizmo is almost 5 months and he still sleeps ALOT....especially if he doesn't get his mid-day nap...then he'll conk out early... :wave:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Snuffy is a sleepyhead too!! When I let her sleep in bed with me, she'll sometimes sleep all through the night and wake me up early in the morning with kisses :D When I first got her, she would sleep in intervals as well...I agree with ozzy and lily's mom that they sleep better once they reach the 12 week mark :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks soooo much, i cannot wait until the sleepy days. He has his crate during the day and sleeps next to our bed at night, but sleeps in interval. He'll be 12 weeks in a couple :D .
I think he probably sleeps a lot during the day when he's home alone :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts