Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to supplement my dogs food with fish oil. I bought the human fish oil pills from Wal-Mart(1000 mg) and I plan on cutting them open to put on their food. How much should I give them, and how often?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would start with one capsule split between them 2-3 times a week. The jury is out on vitamin E supplementation along with the fish oil. Some feel that prey model raw has plenty of vitamin E. Others feel that fish oil depletes it so they supplement it. If you decide to supplement with vitamin E, just give one of the 200iu gel caps at the same time as the fish oil.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start with one capsule split between them 2-3 times a week. The jury is out on vitamin E supplementation along with the fish oil. Some feel that prey model raw has plenty of vitamin E. Others feel that fish oil depletes it so they supplement it. If you decide to supplement with vitamin E, just give one of the 200iu gel caps at the same time as the fish oil.
Great, thanks!

·
Registered
946 Posts
I really like the ease of the liquid fish oils (Grizzley salmon) and E (NOW brand has a good one). Sometimes they spit out the pills and it gets to be a hassle for me to prick the gel caps. Just a thought:)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Lilo gets one 1000mg fish oil capsule with each meal (so 2 times a day). It seems like an awful lot but that's what her dermatologist prescribed.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Lilo gets one 1000mg fish oil capsule with each meal (so 2 times a day). It seems like an awful lot but that's what her dermatologist prescribed.
There is a lot of play on the dosage of fish oil and this proves it! That seems like a lot to me, but your dermatologist would certainly know. Have you seen improvement since starting the fish oil?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts