Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Khloe Bells is a 3 yr old deerhead chihuahua. she is very picky we r trying to get her back on a routine but she is being a brat... how much should we be giving her in food? when i got her she was 2 months and weighed 2 lbs now is weighs 4lbs but shes sooo skinny even tho she eats and gets fat but once she poops shes skinny again im so confused about that. should we change her food(on kibbles and bits small breads)... :confused:

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Change her food to something better.. It will help her gain weight if she is on a food without fillers. If you want kibble, try Acana, Fromm, or Taste of the Wild.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
my Khloe Bells is a 3 yr old deerhead chihuahua. she is very picky we r trying to get her back on a routine but she is being a brat... how much should we be giving her in food? when i got her she was 2 months and weighed 2 lbs now is weighs 4lbs but shes sooo skinny even tho she eats and gets fat but once she poops shes skinny again im so confused about that. should we change her food(on kibbles and bits small breads)... :confused:
It sounds like Khloe is not doing well on this food. She could have some allergies
or sensitivities. My boy dog, Jerry, has a very sensitive system. He can't eat
anything that has corn or potatoes :( Sometimes it is just trial and error.
Have you considered feeding Raw? There is an entire section here on the Board
about it. It seems to have been very successful for many Chi's with food issues.
Welcome to Chi Ppl--I hope Khloe is doing better soon :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Do some research on food choices. Dogfoodanalysis.com is a good place to start comparing different foods. Kibbles and Bits, unfortunately, is one of the very worst foods you could possibly buy. There are many other, better choices. I am confident that once you trade up to a better choice for your dog, her eating problems will go away and you will be amazed at the changes you see.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Even Taste of the Wild didn't go good for Bianca. I'm switching her back to Eagle Pack Holistic. When I got my Dobe Ripley had extreme gas with most food and I was hoping to buy just one food. Bianca however seems thinner and her poop cycle is way off. She has to go in the middle of the night even if she's gone around 9 pm or so. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Even Taste of the Wild didn't go good for Bianca. I'm switching her back to Eagle Pack Holistic. When I got my Dobe Ripley had extreme gas with most food and I was hoping to buy just one food. Bianca however seems thinner and her poop cycle is way off. She has to go in the middle of the night even if she's gone around 9 pm or so. Good luck with your search.
Your post makes a good point. Dogs are individuals and it may take some trail and error to find what suits your dog better.

As for the poster's original question about quantity, that varies a lot depending on the dog and what type of food. My estimate would be about three tablespoons of dry kibble twice a day. Whatch her body condition and adjust from there. If she is at proper weight you should not be able to see her ribs but should be able to easily feel them.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi maybe she is tall and slim my buster is 9 inches at withers and weighs 6 pounds the vet said hes in perfect shape i find him a little thin but thats what i was told by vet [whom i like ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts