Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont remember seeing a discussion on this topic.
How many naps/sleep hours does my 17 mo old chi need??
What is the norm? Are all chis pretty much the same??
We get up at 430AM every morning and Dahlia seems to
get sleepy around 5-6pm and wind down like the rest of us
and go to bed around 830PM.Yea its a drag the hours we keep
especially on weekends!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I don't know...my kids seem pretty lazy to me. If I sit in my recliner all day (like a weekend), they pretty much nap off and on all day. The girls are almost one year and almost 17 months.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think your dog adjusts to whatever schedule is presented to him. When we have a lazy day, Draco will sleep and laze around. When we are on the go, he will run around and interact with us. Now that the cold weather is setting in, I have to force myself to take him to the park because he would just sleep all day, no problem. It is good for us to go out and breath the fresh air as well. One of the perks of having a dog I guess.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Mine have a schedule that we have kept for the most part since they were babies. Not sure I recommend it, though. They get so used to things being the same way, that interruptions to the norm. can make them kinda antsy. They do notice even minor changes. I would let her sleep when she wants. I think they know their limits, maybe even better than we know them.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just thought Id ask everyone.
She takes 2 naps a day and seems
tired by 6pm.She is in the kitchen
so it may be light sleep.No probs or
anything.We are early birds here.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Mine get up at 7 AM, pee, and sniff everything out. Go back to sleep around 7:30 AM until about 9 AM. They are up from there until around 1 PM, sleep until about 3 PM. Then they are up and about until around 9 PM. Lights out until 7 AM again.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've come to the conclusion mine would sleep all the time if I let them.

Generally if we're here and up/about they'll be wherever we are. If we're watching television or on the computer they're sleeping or relaxing.

When we're gone during the day i'm sure there is a little activity but mostly sleep.

Just let them do their thing I would think, they know what they need.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody has two speeds - stop and go. ha. He gets up about 6am and eats breakfast, goes outside, then plays for a couple hours. He naps in the afternoon for a couple hours then he's up until about 9pm. Whenever he feels like going to sleep, he'll put himself to bed and crawl into his snuggle pocket and not come out. NO amount of coaxing will get him up. He can be really lazy! But if we are on vacation or on the weekends, he will go non-stop as long as we are. I think they are adaptable to whatever schedule you want them on for the most part.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I was gonna say I think Zoey would sleep 23 hours a day if I let her sometimes. Depending on the day she's pretty adaptable to my schedule, even changes with me on the weekends when I switch to staying up all night/sleep during day so I can spend time with my husband.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Lavender, who is two, sleeps a lot. She naps off and on all day between playing, eating, and going outside to walk and play. We usually go to bed about 10:30 or 11:00 and she sleeps all night without moving around or getting up. Then we get up around 6:00 a.m. and she has breakfast and takes a nap. If I'm active, so is she; if I'm pretty quiet, so is she. She's adaptable!

Jeanette

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My chi sleeps whenever she wants. We have a bedtime of about 9 p.m., but sometimes we like to stay up til 10. Midgie's so used to going to bed at 9 that she heads up without us, but on her way up, she'll turn around & stare at us as if she's saying "Are you coming?" When she sees we're not coming she goes to bed. Haha.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey is pretty lazy, she lays around alot sleeps when she want to sleep during the day, I usually put her in her crate at about 9pm and I wake up at 6am then I let her out.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My 3 are very adaptable, which fits well with my working nightshifts. For instance I get in from work at 8.30 after they've been asleep all night let them in the garden, give them breakfast then they will go back to sleep with me on the sofa for most of the day. They still manage to sleep all through the following night too!
As long as they get a walk and a couple of mad zoomie sessions in the house then they are quite lazy, like their owner!:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts