Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I like to feed three small meals a day. Ususally about 1/4 at a meal. This will help keep their blood sugar at an even level. I always make sure they eat something before they go to bed, especially if they have played a lot. My Teddy almost died from "hypoglicemia" when he was a puppy. It happened in the morning. He did not eat before he went to bed or during the night. It terrified me to see him so lifeless! :cry: I always keep little jars of 'Baby Chicken sticks" just in case they need to eat---but wont!

Sandra

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I would like to be able to free feed, but Bruiser would eat all day long! He is a eating machine. If there is food down...he will eat it. I have to watch is weight....he gains weight very easily. By measuring his food, it gives me some control as to how much he is allowed to eat. I had food down for Teddy all the time when he got sick with "Hypoglycimia"? He just would not eat it? I had to hand feed him for a long time....it was a pain. He finally grew out of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.