Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How often do you bathe your chis?

How often do you give your dog a bath? Lion needs a bath almost every week, but I try to go as long as possible because I have heard it is bad for their skin. His hair is so long on his bottom that stuff gets stuck( I am sure you can guess what..) so he really needs the frequent baths.

Do your dogs enjoy baths?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
So far Bailey has had two baths. One when I first got her and second cause she fell in puddle. I read to give monthly but my vet said it was ok if I did weekly since Bailey gets itchy and to use the oatmeal shampoo I got.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Pretty rarely. Neither like to have a bath. Since mine are both sc and not outside much, they stay clean. We have baby wipes in case bottoms need cleaning. I also want to avoid dry or irritated skin so just not often at all for us.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty rarely. Neither like to have a bath. Since mine are both sc and not outside much, they stay clean. We have baby wipes in case bottoms need cleaning. I also want to avoid dry or irritated skin so just not often at all for us.
You are lucky they stay so clean! It rains all of the time here so anytime we go for a walk Lion ends up muddy.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I use baby wipes to fresh up bottom,body, around face. about once every month or so I give full bath. I haven't gave Amberleah a bath yet but will soon. I like that baby smell.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In winter mine get bathed more because of the rain but in summer less.

But average-once a month but more if they get muddy or smelly.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Mine proboly get a bath about once month or maybe a little longer depending on the time of year. I use John Paul Pet Wipes for quick cleanups if needed & also like to use Pet Head Dry Clean waterless spray shampoo (it smells like blueberry muffin)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
In the Winter we can go a while without needing a bath because they just don't get dirty. Fall they run outside and do their rolling around so we do a bath every so often but Summer/Spring we give them one almost every other week unless we are at the River then we do it right away because they are stinky after the river LOL Plus they run through the mud and then roll in dirt so it can get ugly at the park when we're at the river! Mine are all short hair so I don't have to worry about the back mess, but I definitely understand why you would bath him so often!! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts