Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ::wave:;

I am just wondering mostly or on average how old chi can be left alone at home for about 4 or 5 hours?

Please share it with me.

Thanksssss

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo is alone 7-8 hours and he is fine, gated in the kitchen. If you have pads and or paper out for younger pups 4-5 hours should be ok. I would not give them too much space. I am sure people that have/had younger pups can give you an idea :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Mine are left for 7-8 hours with the run of downstairs and they are fine as they have each other for company but I contstantly worried about ozzy and i didnt think it was fair for him to be alone for 7-8 hours aday and then all night aswell when we were in bed, which is why we got lily..........great excuse if you want another........hee hee

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey is left alone a few hours at a time. If for some reason I have to leave all day I bought a little child gate and he stays in there w/ his toys and a peepee pad. I don't think he likes it lol but it works. He'd much rather me home and him have the run of the house.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mine are left alone while I am at work, but it usually is for 6 hours in the morning and then 4 hours in the afternoon. I leave the puppies alone for the same time, but they are in a fenced off area from the adult dogs-I do not see inviting problems. The adults are fine while I am around, but I do not want them pulling rank...But they are all confined to their spaces, they do not have the run of the house-now that might be a disaster...they love the couch and the fleece blankets that are mine-they have their own blankets, but they do not seem to identify with that...fleece is fleece to them...and they love it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
and you can leave raido on or TV thats what i did with Holly (wesite) and she was fine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i guess then my chi will be allrite, we probably leave her an hour to five (max) on one of the day but other than that, there will be someone with her since there is going to be 3 of us watching her.

One of my gf is planning to buy chi too because of me hehehhehe :LOL:
keep telling her and showing her the pictures of chi whenever i found something on the internet. she become attached to chi now :p

We decided that if we ever going to leave the chi, we will let the two of them together so they won't be lonely.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm sure your Chi will be fine. If he/she stays in a confined place, like a kennel or a bathroom, when you sleep at night then they should be fine for a few hours during the day. That's how Elle is when I have to go to work. I make sure to spend plenty of time with her before I go and when I return. It's worked out so far! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts