Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ::wave:;

I am just wondering mostly or on average how old chi can be left alone at home for about 4 or 5 hours?

Please share it with me.

Thanksssss

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Well the 1 time I left Sandy alone in her crate she cried so loud she woke up my son that lives here. He came down and got her and took her upstairs with him.
Since then I have left her 3 other times but each time I left her with 1 of my sons. I even had my son that doesn't live here come and babysit her while I ran to the grocery store. So I guess you could say I have never left her alone. She'll be 6 months on 8/12.
I am getting another chi around the 25th so I am hoping that once the new puppy gets older I will be able to leave them togather while I go to the store.
I know this is not the normal thing but it is my choice. I can't stand the thought of them crying.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
We've left Bosco alone each weekday for 7 hours since we first got him. Well, we got him for an extra-long weekend and after that he was on his own. He is in a large playpen though so he doesn't have full run of the house. He doesn't seem to mind being left alone....he sleeps a lot and plays occasionally. He sure is happy when we get back home though! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
:wave: Hi, i first started leaving Diesel alone when he was about 4 months old :cry: he hated it and screamed sooooooo loud :cry: i reallly dont like leaving him alone and try not to do it, the longest he has been left is about 5 hours :cry: :cry:

its best to get them used to it as early as possible and start by leaving the room for a couple of minutes then returning and increasing the time a bit more each time so they know that you will always return :D

I leave Diesel in the lounge and i make sure nothing is left out that can hurt him, i made a terrible mistake of leaving a chair by the window once :cry: we have blinds in the window with beads at the bottom and this one time Diesel jumped in the window sill to watch me when i left :cry: ( I didnt see him till i got home) when i did arrive home i realised he was stuck in between all the beads on the blind, he was tangled up and couldnt move :cry: luckily he wasnt hurt and i got him down ok, but the thought haunts me, 'What if he tried jumping'? 'What if it was his neck?' so just be careful to check everything :wink: xx

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Ozzy was first left when he was 10 weeks as I took 2 weeks off work with him but I used to leave him downstairs for a couple of hours or go out shopping etc to get him used to us not been there and he is fine.........but the reason i got lily was to jkeep him company as I dont think its fair to leave them alone for more than a few hours..........just my opinion........plus a good reason to get another..........hee hee, if I only had the one I would try to see if I could get some one to ewither pop in or take them to someones house while you are at work :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts