Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!. So I contacted a rescue, and they are going to be coming down for a house check, and that's also when I'm meeting these two cuties! And they have separation Anxiety, and they stop eating if they get taken away from their foster parents, so if my house clears, I'm wondering how I can make the chihuahuas more willing to eat, and be less scared in general?

Thanks a ton! Logan

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Hi and welcome. Do you have any pictures of your potential new pups? I don't know a lot about rescues. I think the best advice is to be patient, and take your time to get to know them and make them feel comfy. I think knowing what to do will start to fall in place once you have them, and can get a better understanding of their personalities. Hope others will chime in with more advice for you.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
They may be so scared at first, that they won't eat/drink. If you have an exercise pen or a puppy playpen, then I'd keep them in there for much of the time, so they can 'see' what is going on and adjust to the normal goings on. Leave water down all the time, and I use a washable human bed pad (34x36") down too. If you want a human pad none washable, then I'd use that. If you want them to go outside (just remember that chi's HATE snow, rain and ice!) then carry them outside or use a harness and leash. Good luck Logan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks people! No I sadly don't have pictures of them yet, and I'm going to set up their "pen" in my room so they get used to sleeping there and stuff.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
You can try Bach Flowers Rescue Remedy. I use it for anxiety issues in a cat and it has helped some rescue hounds with separation anxiety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts