Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
UPLOADING PHOTOS TO PHOTOBUCKET

Go to http://www.photobucket.com

Create an account - it's free (you can't upload photos without one).

Once you create your account and log in, you should see a page where you can submit pictures. If not, you'll probably be looking at the photobucket home page and it will say "Currently Logged In" on the left. Click the "My Album" link underneath that.

Okay, on the right side, you will see a "Picture" area and a "Browse" button. Use that to browse your computer for the photo you want to upload. If you want to upload more than one photo at a time, use the drop-down menu above the picture area (the menu says "submit multiple pictures") and choose the number of photos you are uploading. You don't need to fill in the "Tag or Title" area unless you just want to "name" the photo - like "Cooper's Birthday" or "Picture from the Nudie Beach".

Click "Submit" and the page will reload when your photo has sucessfully uploaded.

Photos you have uploaded are below the "add photos" area... just scroll down to look.
RESIZING PHOTOS

You can transfer your photos from your camera to your computer and then to photobucket and resize them in photobucket.

Once your photo has been uploaded, click the "EDIT" button above the thumbnail photo in your photo album (in photobucket).

Under the caption "RESIZE PHOTO", you will see three options - resize to 75%, 50% or 25% of original. Photobucket defaults to 50%, which is perfect for posting photos in the forum. Ensure the 50% is checked and click "RESIZE" below the options. Your photo has now been magically resized!
ADDING PHOTOS TO YOUR POST:

Okay, so you're ready to add photos to your post.

Open Photobucket, login and go to your album. Find the photo you want to insert in your post.

Below the thumbnail of the photo, you will see three lines of text: URL, TAG and IMG.

Highlight the text in the IMG box and either right click on it and choose "Copy" or, if you're on Windows, use CTRL + C.

Go to your post and paste the text into your post by either right-clicking in the text area and choosing "Paste" or using CTRL + V.

That's it. You're done! Finish your post and hit submit... your photo shows up and you're not taking up space on the chi-people servers!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I use photobucket and imagecave. They both give you the "img" codes for your pics. As far as resizing, does your computer have Paint? Just open the picture in paint and go to image: stretch/skew and make it smaller like that. Just be sure to save it as a JPEG, cause a bitmap uses a lot more space on your hard drive. :-D

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'll have to try and practice to get some more of mine up, too! I haven't done it yet. My daughter put the ones of my chi's on here, so that's why you haven't seen any more of Max and Pedro! I'm a s l o w learner, I guess! Lin's (chis rule) seem easy. I will try this week! Just bear with me all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts