Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Little rascal was soo good at potty training when we first got him home he was crate trained and there was a pad in the living room also which he always used and was barely any accidents. But not it's becoming a nightmare he's gotten so much worse and has decided he will just pee/poo wherever and whenever he likes usually without warning. I never scold him tho as I feel it's my fault and I'm clearly doing something wrong. I take him outside alot and he usually always goes to the toilet happily outside but then go again inside the house shortly after. He goes to the toilet very very frequently and as I said he usually goes without warning so there's no catching him to run outside before he goes. I really need some help with what to do :(

· Registered
144 Posts
I take him out more regularly than 2 hours as he pee's so much but he could pee outside and as soon as I bring him in he pee's again. He's got a mat in the living room but he refuses to use it and pee's without warning I'm constantly cleaning up after him and it's becoming frustrating as I know it's somehow my fault. I usually always have him
Where I can see him but sometimes my mum has him and finds it
More difficult to constantly watch him all the time. But as u said I need to just go back to basics and try all over again.

· Registered
144 Posts
He is still very young. Jaxx didn't quit having accidents until he was six months. I personally would get rid of the mat inside because it could be confusing him. I would probably walk him a little longer on his walks to make sure he has done all of his business outside. If Jaxx was going that much I would probably take him to the vet just to make sure it wasn't a medical issue.
It will click it just takes time, patience, and a lot of routine, routine, routine.
Any time you take him out of his crate he should be taken directly outside. Same thing after meals, playtime, and naps.
The first six months with Jaxx it seemed like I was taking him out to potty more than anything else but in the long run training now is worth it later.
Good luck

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I kinda thought it was common for them to go alot? It's worse I think because we have a staffy in the house, not sure if rascal is trying to mark things? But maybe I should take him to the vet as he pee's ALOT! Could have him outside and doo his "business" then pee again on the living room withing 5 mintues and he's constantly having little "dribbles"? I don't know of maybe he is drinking too much as we just leave him with a constant supply of of water? Should I maybe cut him back on fluids? Today I have had the poor soul out most of the day trying not to let him do the toilet at all in the house.

· Registered
144 Posts
I have vets on Sunday anyway so I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I shod take him tomorrow instead. He's great during the night and pee's first thing outside in the morning but it's the rest of the time he pee's like mad and sometimes can't hold it in long enough for my to put his harness on and get outside after a nap. But at other times he can hold it in for ages?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts