Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i get my 3.5 month old chihuahua from chewing on corner moldings on my walls? What can i spray them with? Vinegar?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
First of all, why is your puppy ABLE to chew inappropriate things? She/he should be in a confined area. A pen with her crate/carrier in there, along with her food and water dishes is ideal. There is room for newspapers/pads/washable human pee pads in there as well. I use the Iris pen. My dogs love their pens. They are their 'safe' places. There are exercise pens too. Same idea. No reason to let a puppy ruin your house. When she/he is out, you are watching it. JMO!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a gate in the kitchen entrance and has the whole kitchen to himself.
He's litter trained. has his bed in one corner and litter box in the other.
Also has his food and water with some toys. Maybe his toys aren't stimulating enough.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
A bored dog is a dog looking for trouble. Chew toys, ie, kong toys are great. Stuff a tiny amount of kibble in the kong, and watch him go to town. I would also play with him---toss a small tennis ball/toy for him to retrieve. You can also freeze kibble in a kong and give it to him. I give it to my dogs in their crates, so the broth doesn't get on the rug.

Can you get some 'bitter apple' from the pet store? it will usually stop dogs from chewing stuff. I used it to coat telephone wires etc.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I recently discover something that works for our only 'chewer', Peanut. I buy big dog biscuits and freeze them. (I got Blue Dog Bakery).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts