Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
:wave: Hi! Here is a trick that has always worked for us- like the rest of the advice already given (no food just before, in the front seat with someone or their crate, a bit of fresh air or the a/c on) we always put a small choker collar on the dogs (like what is used for obedience- all metal) It hangs there and helps to neutralize the static electricity. Besides them being nervous and sea sick because they usually cannot see forward out of the window to equalize their equalibrium (inner ear) the natural electricity from them and the car can also intefere with their sense of direction and then they barf! I also take a towel or blankee so that as they travel more often (not just to the vet!) they can stay in the back seat and lay on that- they usually outgrow the sickness by a year old if they are prone to it- I have 1 male now that is 10 months old- he is good on shorter rides but can get upset/barf on rides over 2 hours. The female has never thrown up- so I guess it is somewhat the individual personality too. But we make sure they get to go on car rides, even if just to the grocery store so that they are good travelers. Hope you try the chain collar and see if you notice the effect or not! Terri

1 - 1 of 1 Posts