Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to forums and I have no clue how to post pictures or create an avatar picture??? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
well, i'm not that great at explaining things but you have to go to a site like Photobucket.com and create an account. its free. then upload the pics onto photobucket. then from there you can post them to chi people.

·
Registered
946 Posts
:foxes15:Well, I got a pic to here, but no clue how to get an avatar out of it! Help anyone?
This was from photobucket:foxes15::foxes15::foxes15:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Okay. It is easy!

Go up to the task bar right under the Chi people banner. You will see HOME then FORUMS and then USERCP. That is User Control panel.

Click that and then go to edit avatar. It is easy from there. You can drop in a pics from a site like photobucket or your computer.

Mel-I love your picture!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks Karen!:D I get to the part of dropping in the pic and get stuck. Can't seem to just copy thumbnail and paste it in. Do you know what I am doing wrong?:foxes15:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hmmm....do you see Custom Avatar after you have gone into Edit Avatar?

There are two fields. One to upload from a website and one from your computer.

Your picture needs to be sized like postage stamp size. Are you getting a message that it is too big, perhaps?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yes! At first I wasn't choosing the right Link from pic to copy. Now I am but it is too big and I can't figure where to go to resize or even how to resize when I get there. I thought by clicking the thumbnail setting in photobucket it would do it--not! That gives me what you see earlier in this post, and now I don't know how to get back to a non thumbnail section in photobucket:foxes15:
I must be overlooking something simple, but have no clue. I have never posted pics anywhere! Even my FB pics are put there by someone else first--so sad:(
Thank you for helping me! I hope this isn't a pain for you or anyone else if pitching in...you have no idea how grateful I will be to be able to get an avatar and eventually a siggy :)

OK, AN UPDATE: I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO RESIZE ON PHOTOBUCKET BUT EVEN THE TINY TINY VERSION (SMALLER THAN A STAMP--I'M PUTTING IN 15% AND IT'S SHOWING ME A VERY SMALL IMAGE) WON'T BE ACCEPTED FOR THE AVATAR:foxes15::foxes15::foxes15:WHAT AM I DOING WRONG (IS THERE A SMILEY THAT IS CRYING :()

1 - 8 of 8 Posts