Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, for the first time, that Cricket howls. And its a god-awful sound. I've never heard anything like it. I had just put her inside after she finished her business, and I was finishing my smoke outside. She couldn't see me, and all of a sudden she made this sound like a woman screaming. I've never heard anything like it. Is it normal for chis to make that kind of noise?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
ow yes my girls do it if i go to the toilet and close the door its a screeching sound a real cry. makes me fell so bad that i run out and give them cuddles but i think that could be the reason they do it.
yer its normal but it defo aint good lol sorry i havnt got any good advice but i would like to know what people say to resolve this to x

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In a way it was kinda funny. My husband works at night, and sleeps during the day. He jumped right up out of bed thinking it was me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My rescue Monty does that! Or rather, did that. He just recently backed off to a softer howl and other noises. But that first howl he used to do was the scariest thing I'd ever heard!
Right now she is going to use the methods that worked for her before, but she'll learn to do other stuff as well.
Monty was also unwilling to accept treats or people food initially, like your Cricket. We've had him just about a month and now he is starting to get more comfortable and come around. Give her time. Each week you'll see changes as she begins to accept that she's in a safe, loving environment. Its probably totally new to her.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Well if you don't want to encourage it, give her absolutely NO attention while she is howling/crying. If you cuddle her or run inside and comfort her when she is crying, she will learn that noise makes you come back.

Penny used to howl when left alone, she got over it after a few weeks. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts