Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heya everyone i aint posted on here for a while. how is everyones animals coping with this cold weather? roxi is loving it she will run everywhere and dig the snow lol, but when she gets home shes out for the count lol :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
sometimes mine dont mind it but today it was cold and windy, i opened the door to let them out and minnie and tootsie wouldnt go out, peyton went out.. took a few steps onto the deck , then did a u turn and came back in.
later on when it was less windy i went out with them too and they all went out but just for a few minutes . :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie hates it, but Pedro doesn't seem to mind it too bad. We don't have alot of snow, but we have had a little, and I can honestly say that they tolerate the snow more than the rain!

Gracie wears a sweater non stop, and a coat on top when she goes outside. She just shivers, no matter how much clothing I put on her, and when she's done pottying, she will come sit on your feet! She's so smart, she knows your feet are warmer than the ground!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Cold!? Psh I WISH it was cold! We're having "unseasonably" warm weather. Was 85 today. Gross!

When it is cold, 30s, Gretel takes it like a champ and Godric shivers to no end.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
My boys despise it, they sniff the air when I open the door for my older dog and then casually walk away :lol:
They will have no part of this cold or snow.
Cannot say I blame them!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wiz doesn't mind it at all. Willow hates it, but will tolerate it if I go out with her. She won't go out with anyone else, but she will if I do! :rolleyes: Bella can go either way. Sometimes, she'll go out no problem and other times, she stands and looks at me like I'm crazy. LOL

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lyra's not a fan. Now that there's snow on the ground, she does a whole lot of shivering and, after a few minutes, starts holding her paws up, two at a time, because I think they begin to hurt. That's about when I pick her up and stick her in my coat so we can keep warm while we wait for the other dogs to finish peeing. Only the pom and the husky seem to enjoy this weather. All the short-haired dogs are eager to get back inside where it's warm!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Mine love it couldn't care less I have to force them to come in is doing wonders for getting their coats in

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cold!? Psh I WISH it was cold! We're having "unseasonably" warm weather. Was 85 today. Gross!

When it is cold, 30s, Gretel takes it like a champ and Godric shivers to no end.
go dyour luck y iwant to live where you are then lol its way to cold here :( the snow it up to roxis back bless her lol.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
atleast everyone is coping with the weather atleast. for people who have snow they are saying on teh news that we coudl have a white christmas :p so you never know
but ..... i do want it to go away as my family wont be able to come down for the day :'(

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lyra's not a fan. Now that there's snow on the ground, she does a whole lot of shivering and, after a few minutes, starts holding her paws up, two at a time, because I think they begin to hurt. That's about when I pick her up and stick her in my coat so we can keep warm while we wait for the other dogs to finish peeing. Only the pom and the husky seem to enjoy this weather. All the short-haired dogs are eager to get back inside where it's warm!
lol roxi does exactly the same thing bless her. but then when we start walking shes fine and is runing around like a looney lol.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Rico owns an electric blanket. He sits on it when we aren't at home. He doesn't like the cold--at all !!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
We were in the 40's yesterday which is pretty good for Missouri winter...think we're getting it this weekend though. Friday is suppose to snow! Yay! (Hope it's not too bad though!) Kizzie and Shayley are doing really good in the cold this year! Shayley use to back her little booty up when it was too cold but I think she's come around to it...Kizzie is just happy to be outside it could be a tornado and she'd be happy outside! lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
heya everyone i aint posted on here for a while. how is everyones animals coping with this cold weather? roxi is loving it she will run everywhere and dig the snow lol, but when she gets home shes out for the count lol :)
In front of the blower from the gas log woodstove...LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts