Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As he thought I would be really mad. But Saturday he was outside cleaning the grill. All the dogs were out with him. We have a 6 ft privacy fence so usually no worries. Anyway...when he came back in...all dogs were accounted for except for Lacey. He said they were looking everywhere and calling her name when the doorbell rang. It was our neighbor....Lacey in hand!! Lacey had slipped under our fence and found her way into his yard.

All I can say is THANK YOU JESUS!!! We had extra pavers left over from our patio so he lined them up against the fence so our little escape artist cant get out.

She is maturing into quite a sneak!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
BECAUSE he knew that you would kill him! I hesitate to think what I do not know about the girls when my husband is in charge! Glad it all worked out. She is small and sneaky!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG!!! She just did it again as I was in here typing this :foxes15: Hubby is outside grilling and she must have slipped under the gate!!! He screamed for me and of course I panic!! We have woods all behind our house. Thank goodness I just put her collar back on because my cell rang and it was the neighbors across the street. They said...we have your dog!! They said she was in their fenced back yard and their dogs were licking her!!

What a brat!!!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
lol Yeah, they are so sneaky. When I first got Delilah, she was so skinny, she got under our fence. I blocked the way she got out and now that she put on weight, she hasn't got out again.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Now that she knows she can...she'll probably keep trying & escape as long as she's able to! Definitely a brat!! LOL Glad all worked out ok & she was fine!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
OMG naughty little thing!!! Ours found EVERY escape route possible when we first fenced our yard...so Lacey is just showing you were yours are! ;) Gosh, I hope she stops finding them soon.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's been a monster lately:mad: I dont know whats got into her....she's never done this before.

Must be the teenager in her :foxes15: Scared me to death!!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Ack that is so frightening! I'm so glad your neighbors got her and that she is ok. I hope you're able to secure your yard soon. I'm just sooo glad you got a warning alert and not something worse. Very lucky! I'm glad she is ok. :)

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
WOW that is so scarey, lad your neighbors were home to bring her home......must be the teenager running away haha. Thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm thinking it's time to give in and buy some cheap chicken wire and have some fun getting good and dirty ; p

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Leila ran out with my other dogs yesterday. She has never done that before. She is only outside on lead.
we have a fence but there are gaps in one area :( So she is not allowed out. Plus with hawks around there is noway i will allow it. I am a very protective mama. I panicked a little and ran out but she was peeing and probably didn't even really realize she was "FREE" hahaha and i easily grabbed her.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I panicked a little and ran out but she was peeing and probably didn't even really realize she was "FREE" hahaha and i easily grabbed her.
After a scare like that it's such an "I got ya" moment that it usually cracks me up with one of those "evil" laughs.

So glad all turned out alright.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now we have these huge pavers next to the fence in the areas she is getting out. We cant leave them there or they will kill our grass. Hubby is getting some chicken wire tonight!! The little brat still goes to those areas of the fence and tries :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts