Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zoey has now taken a liking to humping our legs..... AHH it's so embarassing! i didnt know that girl puppies humped! i don't know how to get her to stop and i dont know why she's doing it. people tell me that its a sign of dominance-- how can i get her to understand that she IS NOT the top dog around here!!!? or is she just playing? she usually does this right after we've been running around.... yikes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she is definitely naughty!!!! i seriously need to stop her! i dont know how to make her less dominant. it's so funny because she's 2 lbs...... and she thinks she's huge. ha ha :lol:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Tell her 'NO' and distract her with a toy. If that doesn't work, give her a time out in her crate or in the bathroom. Teach her that it is an undesirable behavior, just as you would teach her that she cannot chew your shoes or furniture. Be consistent and she'll eventually catch on. Dogs want to please their owners. :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
How old are puppies supposed to be before they start humping? :oops: 'cause Stinky already does :oops: he humps the biggest toy he's got! :D (is a soft bear almost his size)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Humping can start before sexual maturity. It's about dominance, not sex. If you want to discourage this behavior, put away the toys that he humps. Also, try not to buy toys bigger than your puppy---he may want to show his dominance to anything bigger than he is. :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
yeah same here ozzy did it from 8 weeks with his beanie bear and it was just because it was bigger than him.................. very funny to watch though :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts